Hawkeye STi Headlights Adjustment?

Seminole81

57 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

If have self levellers on my 2007 hawk wrx if that's any help, I read that if they go ti-ts up that they point down and closer to the car

Yeah a bit, cheers mate. Been looking all over for the adjustment wheel my 06 supposedly has and can't find it. Must be self levellers, think I'm going to have to do a bit of work and adjust them up a bit 🤔😈

The self levelling things are bolted front and back on the drivers side near where the anti roll bar droplinks are I think, little servo looking thing with an arm attached from it to the wishbone that connects bottom of strut to car, they can be set/reset, it's on google somewhere, gotta get car on level ground with full tank of fuel and follow the instructions 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Piggysniffer said:

The self levelling things are bolted front and back on the drivers side near where the anti roll bar droplinks are I think, little servo looking thing with an arm attached from it to the wishbone that connects bottom of strut to car, they can be set/reset, it's on google somewhere, gotta get car on level ground with full tank of fuel and follow the instructions 

Cheers mate. I read somewhere there was a adjustable wheel inside the car, but mine doesn't seem to have that which leads me to believe it's the self levelling headlights. I'll have a look over the weekend. 😊

Yeah some older type cars or cars without self levelling usually have a little wheel with 0-1-2-3, maybe 4 on it to move the headlight up or down for the purpose of stopping you blinding oncoming cars if your towing a caravan or have the rear of your car loaded up, it's usually on the dash on the right side of the steering wheel, I'm thinking Hawks don't have it but not entirely sure, mine certainly hasn't got it, I've smothered those self levelling things under the car in waxoyl too, to stop any ingress of crud 

I have a hawk and the rear level sensor drop link seized so the headlights were pointed to the floor. Managed to get a link only (subaru would only sell me the whole sensor assembly for £200) from toyota for £30 and problem solved! One way to check if they're working properly is to go from a flat surface to a hill and you will hear the motors turn the beams up/down after a few seconds of being stationary on the hill and see the beams move slightly too!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk