Exhaust thoughts

hi guys n girls,thinking about changing the exhaust on my 08 wrx hatchback.been looking at either a Invidia N1 single can or dual cans,or a japspeed with quad pipes which is half price the Invidia systems,anyone got any these manufacturers on their cars,is the invidia systems really loud?its not the race its just says n1,they do the race as well, think I will end up going invidia n1 single can,any thoughts? pictures of actual systems

Invidia single box

Invidia single box.gif

Invidia twin box's

Invidia twin box.gif

japspeed quad pipes

japspeed quad pipes.jpg

On my recent stainless headers I reused old heat wrap. After fitting new heat wrap without tears, gaps etc I got from taking the old one off, the sound seems a bit deeper and 'clearer' now. I think the heat wrap may have dampened some unwanted noise from the stainless material itself ? I know it's meant to keep the heat in, exhaust flows faster etc but does seem bit quieter and 'clearer'. Might be worth a try for anyone who has any front/mid pipes that are stainless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a word with cobra sport aucky?

Caunton fault mine and the work they did

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had a cobrasport on my other hatch with quad pipes so was looking to try something diffrent on this one.not ruling them out completly as did a great job before.had a cobra on my 1st ever scooby as well classic 2.0sport.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

It's whats on my type R, does the numbers plus I prefer them on the quieter side now, must be getting old :(

I would really like one with a valve in it so its dead quiet for warming car up on a morning.i go work at 5am so lettin car warm up 10min not really a option,then when its warm and am off my street can open ot to give it some noise,also can have it closed when i have my little grandaughter in back,may ask if they can do something like that,guess am gettin old as well tidgy [emoji53]

On 24/12/2016 at 11:59 AM, aucky said:

I would really like one with a valve in it so its dead quiet for warming car up on a morning.i go work at 5am so lettin car warm up 10min not really a option,then when its warm and am off my street can open ot to give it some noise,also can have it closed when i have my little grandaughter in back,may ask if they can do something like that,guess am gettin old as well tidgy emoji53.png

Just jump in fire it up and drive mate, no need to let it sit. Give it a few miles to warm oil up before you give it large.

• Like 1

Aucky go for the invidia N1 😜 I was looking at the single for mine, resonated version. Sounds so good on the videos on YouTube. Build quality looks great as well. Unfortunately my mid section went before I had the funds together so ended up with just a 2.5" Hayward and Scott mid section. 

Some reviews on here:

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/brand/invidia

I've bought my Perrin Endlinks from TarmacSportz with no issues at all. 

@DDoc I have had a couple things from tarmacsport before, i have been looking at the Invidia Q300 with quad tips,little bit quieter then the N1 so still undecided yet what to get. if I do go for the N1 then it will be the street version as I have heard the N1 race is very loud.

You know you want to save a bit more and have something not everyone else has...

http://www.arkperformance.com/ARK-GRiP-Subaru-WRX-STI-Hatchback-08-14-p/sm1301-0210g.htm

how awesome would that look on the back end??

have a look at this thread

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2388750

11 hours ago, salsa-king said:

You know you want to save a bit more and have something not everyone else has...

yeah think you may be right mate as it was the system I wanted for the hatch I had before :wink: best not buy anything though till after end month as mot is due then,have to see if it fails on anything first :unsure: