Lifting Subaru Forester

farmerpug

They should in theory but modern diesels have such precise fuel pumps and injectors they clog up very easy, the older indirect injection engines are more resilient to poorer quality fuels

• Like 1

I heard about it clogging the engines up, but never really looked into myself. I just know when a mate of mine had a chip shop the waste oil/fat was bought from him in drums for this reason :)

If filtered right it shouldnt clog up the engines.

I had a friend tried  to run his 406 HDi on it but after a few weeks clogged up the fuel pump and injectors,

he bought an older xud 406 and its still running fine on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can see just from the profile picture how much it makes it stand off from the back arch.

And I'm sure with what I have seen from the pictures you have posted and the work you have done it will off road great. I wait to see the Youtube footage ;)

Had it out over the weekend, its been everywhere around the farm a fantastic off roader, it can go anywhere yet its still quick and handles good.

My dad also had it out the other night to lamp a few rabbits, its great for that with the big sunroof, in low range it crawls along very quietly.

Here are some pictures after driving it for a while.

file_zpsde6863d2.jpg

file_zps08fe8c4a.jpg

file_zps4bf838f0.jpg

file_zpsde42c002.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah!!! Pictures I have been waiting to see :)

Guy who shoots near me with his forester said the same best car he's had for off road and shooting. Countryside drive by shooting's anyone :D

Ahy something like them lights would be perfect for a bit of extra light and to cover up the rust a bit better than the duct tape.

I will need to get something mind, the normal high beams are just not quite bright enough compared to the suzukis lights:

file_zps2af61f2b.jpg

Wired up in the good old days when i didnt have a clue, low amp wire, no in line fuses, no relays, and plenty of switches = sparky dash :D

I noticed a button on the dash marked "BRIGHT" hoping that it would make the headlights brighter but i have come to realise all it does is dim the clock when the headlights are on but all the other dials have brightness controls on the indicator stalk.

The odd buttons continue; there also is a button to raise the antenna, but it does that when the radio comes on anyhow, and there is a separate switch mounted on the steering column for the sidelights :blink:

• Like 1