Sun visor poor design?

norfolkRX

Seems like the sun visor on the 2008/9 MY hatchback is not a strong design.

The up/down mechanism (a plastic cam) has failed on mine after only 45k miles. Just posting so we can see if this is a common fault.

A main dealer new one is around £60.

I suppose it is down to the number of east or west journeys you do when the sun is low

Driver's side sun visor.jpg

Hmm i wonder if thats why mine has black sun visors in and roof lining is grey.maybe. one broke and they could only find a second hand pair in black.was done before i got it so can not say for sure but i allways said they wasnt right ones in car.anyone else have black ones with a grey roof [emoji53]

eae183efff9618c12fc546f99c3f036b.jpg

dfcaec235968ffc7c111f611cc117153.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

yup my 08 RX has issues holding the position I place it in - £60 seems excessive for a piece of plastic - I was debating wrapping some tape around the bar to increase friction. Do you have to buy the whole sun visor flap just to get the retainer cam?

4 hours ago, Jay762 said:

yup my 08 RX has issues holding the position I place it in - £60 seems excessive for a piece of plastic - I was debating wrapping some tape around the bar to increase friction. Do you have to buy the whole sun visor flap just to get the retainer cam?

It comes as a complete assembly (as per photo), the part number is for Trim Code: G30,  Colour Code: C6P

Once the plastic cam round the steel shaft has broken, it's history.  In my case it came apart leaving half of it inside - the only way in is to cut the plastic covering which would leave it looking like a taxi. :cool:

If you don't need the mirrors, the only difference between left and right is the spigot that attaches to the body - that broke too when I tried to get it apart.

On 06/03/2017 at 0:41 PM, mattiekane said:

A rarely use them lol an if I do they are all the way against the windscreen

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Im exactly the same i have to be basically blinded before i drop them