2006 Impreza Sti Spec D

Stevieb08

I have a 2006 Subaru Impreza Sti Spec D which is all fine, but the part that's confusing me is that its black from new. According to all articles etc i've read about the Spec D, 300 were made and they are all silver? The paint code on the ID plate under the bonnet matches to the black colour too.

Anyone have any insight to this?

Spec D were all silver / grey. Maybe someone with a black STI decided they were after a more subtle look? It's only cosmetic stuff so would be easy enough to switch interior, remove badges and replace spoiler. Pop some pics of it up!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Nah not that one. It's registered as a spec d and the guy had it from the factory. Has everything like the full leather seats etc too. I've got the original paperwork so I'll have to have a dig through it

IMAG0131.jpg

48 minutes ago, stants said:

Spec d standing for discreet, so no gold or big wings, did they have a sun roof too ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Everyday is a school day!

Actually, just realised, this is how you can tell if it's a spec D. The lousy spec d sat nav has a button on the steering column (if you want to go somewhere, you press the button and it puts you through to a call centre who will send the nav unit directions!!!). You can just see it in the pic.

• Like 1

yup but you will have to keep it completely original - the rivet counters wont like it if it becomes non standard in anyway - oh and you need to win some WRC rallys in it as well :thumbup1::biggrin:

Doesn't have the nav or the button but has everything else that has been mentioned, just funny how its been registered as a spec D? Will double check the purchase paperwork tonight and let you guys know.

Well looking through all the previous owners documents (he bought it new) everything says it's a spec d in obsidian black. Well confusing.. I'm happy if it's a 1 of 1 though haha