Dab with window aerial?

Brick

Going to transfer a DAB head unit to the Forester. Has anyone tried one of those adaptors that attempt to use the standard aerial for DAB reception? The forester has the standard window printed aerial

My dabs ariel is a little square box that came with my android head unit.its suppose to sit on dash or stick to window but it picks it up ok sat on strenghner bar behind dash so it hidden behind Stereo their now.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, aucky said:

My dabs ariel is a little square box that came with my android head unit.its suppose to sit on dash or stick to window but it picks it up ok sat on strenghner bar behind dash so it hidden behind stereo their now.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Not seen one of those before.

12 hours ago, Tidgy said:

i;ve got one similar to this in the top left part of the windscreen, i'll try and get a pic later.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/stereo-fitting-accessories/autoleads-dab-film-antenna-smb-dab-aa1

Probably going to end up with one of these but was hoping someone had tried an adaptor to use the one on the back window.

13 hours ago, Brick said:

Not seen one of those before.

Probably going to end up with one of these but was hoping someone had tried an adaptor to use the one on the back window.

you may be bale to put one in it, but dont forget the heating element will cause interference i expect

• 3 months later...

In the end the DAB went into a different car, Hyundai Terracan and I bought one of those powered stick on jobbies from eBay and it's !Removed! brilliant. Huge improvement on the aerial that was installed with the DAB when I bought it. I was previously using an upright aerial that was magneted to the roof, never again.

On 23/09/2017 at 3:03 PM, Tidgy said:

you may be bale to put one in it, but dont forget the heating element will cause interference i expect

Sorry I meant the side rear window not the back door window. :)