Outback headlamps and tyres

shadowman

Sadly no contributions on my heated seat query so i'll go separately with this.

'Best tyres' on 17" rims for the outback?  Its not a mud-plugger, most of its time will be on tarmac but i'd like to think it wont get stuck in a field for example, so which tyres does everyone favour?

Also, i appreciate the car has projector dipped beam lenses and they're pretty good tbh (no idea yet if the bulbs have been previously upgraded) but i wondered if an HID kit or LED upgrade was viable, possibly on both dipped and main beam?

If anyone's done this already please share what you did and why :biggrin:

how about looking at an "all season" tyre like Michelin cross-climate or Uniroyal all-season...best of both worlds.

in the non-premium market i've been impressed with Falkens on 2 other cars.

I inherited Toyo Proxes on my outback which seem pretty reasonable but don't get a good write up... this'll be my first winter with them so i can't

comment yet on their performance when it gets colder/wetter.

afaik Yokohamas were OEM... i ran yokos on my Mitsu Outlander with good results.

sorry can't comment on seats and as for bulbs i've only ever changed side lights to LED.

• 2 weeks later...

I had continental WinterContact TS850's, great tyre that I kept on all year round with no problems at all... high mileage driver and I got 55K miles out of them before they needed replacing!! I'd have them all day long! Never experienced any aquaplaning or anything... also had some light off roading in them also... A VERY Competent tyre!