Will venting to atmosphere make me run rich?

AndyF12807

Here is a quick question,

if my WRX (stock-ish) has an aftermarket BOV that vents to atmosphere, will it cause my car to run rich? 

I posted something about ‘upgrading’ to an aftermarket BOV, to mixed reviews! Does anyone have a difinitive answer to this?

cheers :)

one of those mods that some cars are fine with, some don't like and play up. You should be ok, but only way to tell is to get it checked out.

It's always worth running the car on a dyno after any mods you do to make sure its not changed anything then you know its fine.

Hi it can make your car run rich yes as the air reading passing the MAF has already sent a signal to the ECU which is fuelling for that volume which you are now letting out of the system. Scoobies are set up as standard to run slightly rich as well to compensate for being used with varying fuel quality around different locations. A trip to a dyno would be money well spent and with a good map you could see an improvement in fuel economy plus midrange drive

• 2 weeks later...

The car would run rich, but only for the split second that it is venting to atmosphere, the rest of the time the BOV will not be expelling air and therefore the car will be running as expected. So yeah it will run slightly rich, but for a very little length of time.

17 minutes ago, Stevieb_08 said:

The car would run rich, but only for the split second that it is venting to atmosphere, the rest of the time the BOV will not be expelling air and therefore the car will be running as expected. So yeah it will run slightly rich, but for a very little length of time.

This.

You may get the odd pop out of the exhaust due to the extra fuel

I have mine blocked and fluttering mainly for the pops and flames!

Mikeyp @ TMS Motorsport
Email us : sales@tmsmotorsport.co.uk

whatsapp-25px.png
WhatsApp us for fast response : +447979127236
TMS Motorsport – AP Racing – BUY ONLINE

-   We ship worldwide to your door  -

-  Currently Breaking for parts – Hawkeye Subaru Impreza  - Honda S2000 -