Decat exhaust Mot Issue ?

Bruno8945

Hi, Just wondering with all the new restrictions how people are managing to get their scoobys through the new regs. My regular Mot centre told me they would not pass it next time, unless i get a cat fitted, but, after all my thousands spent modifying for the road and track seems a shame to sacrifice the power it now acheives .I know you can get a sports cat but not sure how much it will lose and even if it will still pass. Just interested if any one else has had this problem.

Where are you located ? Sorry on tt so cat see profile,
A sports cat may not pass (mine never did)

I'm sure a member local to you may be able to point you in the right direction,[emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply ,yes i was concerned it may still not pass, I'm hoping by next year there is a friendly garage somewhere .I use it mainly on track and only on the road to travel there and back so not like the daily drive.

Don’t know if this is any help but recently fitted a sports cat to mine, failed 1st mot and really had to heat it up before hand when taking it back the next time. Managed to pass but just by the skin of my teeth so don’t know if there worth the money imo. 

I’m sure the test hasn’t got any more strict for older cars , think you’ve just had a stroppy tester , as far as I’m aware the test concerning emissions is the same , maybe I’m wrong but I’ve just had mine done , I know for new cars the test has got more strict especially for diesels 

I went to Pole Position in Wolverhampton last week and he said that a decat is the first thing you should do. I asked about the Mot and he said "it will never fail here" hopefully that may help someone

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Think it's pre 91(H reg) cars that didn't leave the factory with a cat, that don't need a cat to pass a mot . 92 (k reg) onwards need a cat regardless of where they were imported from here in the uk .

I have a spare sports cat , which passes mot emissions , some garages will let cars pass with a decat but it's probably best not to name them on a public forum , bud 😉

• Like 1