Pistons

Ellsa1

You really need to be a bit more specific,

What's the aim of the build? what other parts have you got to go in, may give people a starting point with the help your require

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So far I’ve collected ....

75mm nitrated crank

Arrow rods

Acl bearings

Owen development gt30 based turbo

Magnex full exhaust system decat

900cc Lateral injectors parallel

Fuel lab fpr

V3-4 sti heads

Lightweight pulleys

12mm modified oil pump

Exeedy organic clutch and lightweight flywheel

Oil catch can

6speed non dccd box

Link g4 ecu

RCM headers and up pipe

Would these omega group n pistons run with that set up ? Is that more specific

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Whats you target hp and what's the car gonna be used for ?

I've never personally used the omega pistons before ,so without knowing much about their spec , im afraid i can't help there . but i have used mahle pistons.  They do 2 main types forged (good for 500 hp) and race (good for 750 hp) .

I've always got my engineer to check the bores for ovality and taper ,then decided whether the bores just need a hone or a 0.5 mm overbore (with oversized pistons) to be within spec .  

You probably already know but If you intend on using a ej20g cdb you'll need your engineer to convert the crank thrust to take the later nitrated crank .

I'd add headstuds and cossie headgaskets ,once you know the size of you piston bowl (to calculate thickness required)

If it's gonna be used on track ,id also add a baffled sump and possibly swirl pot  too 😉

Thanks for the advice guys
It was only supposed to be a fast going road/track car lol I only bought them because they were near mint and cheep so I don’t mind selling them on again I only ask on here as rcm we’re like no help at all .. personally for me seems like a lot of agro to fit these pistons I’ll chuck em up for sale and opt for a different set :)

5 hours ago, Ellsa1 said:

Thanks for the advice guys
It was only supposed to be a fast going road/track car lol I only bought them because they were near mint and cheep so I don’t mind selling them on again I only ask on here as rcm we’re like no help at all .. personally for me seems like a lot of agro to fit these pistons I’ll chuck em up for sale and opt for a different set 🙂

yup most suppliers are not too keen giving information about rival kit - however given the information from @Mr B just factor that into your gasket size as you will need to purchase those anyway??

I’m sure they are the supplier for omega pistons ?
All they wanted me to do was buy there rods and crankshafts [emoji23]

Anyway I shall get the calipers on them later and have a measure up I’ll post my findings and see if one of you helpful chaps can give me a direction :)

Cheers dudes

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk