Might Be Selling. Which New Car?

mfnick

Long story short. I’ve got a expensive Type R which most of my money is in. But, I haven’t got a garage. It stresses me out, I’m just worrying about it rotting or going wrong from being sat outside in **** weather too much. It’s got a cover over most of the time but that’s not ideal and when I want to use it I sometimes end up not bothering because I can’t be arsed faffing with the cover. I spend more time worrying about it than enjoying it basically.

I’m thinking of selling up and buying something else to actually enjoy and not worry about until I can get a house with a garage and then buy another Type R. Maybe even the one I’ve currently got back.

Thing is what do I replace it with? Budget maximum £10k, no minimum. I’ve narrowed it down to:

Toyobaru GT86/BRZ (high mileage one with my budget)

Nissan 350Z

BMW 330i coupe

Honda Integra DC5

Honda Civic Type R (any gen really it’s not a keeper)

2010+ Megane RS

Any other suggestions? Anyone got a BRZ/GT86 who can tell me what to look out for and what they think?

Sorry to hear you're thinking of selling, but know what it's like trying to keep a daily mint 😏

Not that any of my input will help you shorten your list but ....

After owning my 2011 caddy for a couple of years , I'd probably buy something audi Quattro or vw 4motion 😶 .

My v dub bud has a 2014 golf r ,with just a remap and downpipe it's making a responsive 370 hp . But I'd prefer his 480hp 4wd 3.3 ltr v5 turbo mk1 golf any day 🙂

You could always buy my v7sti type uk  in the summer next year 😉

It’s not even a daily... [emoji23]. Gets used usually once a week, sometimes 2 weeks and that’s usually to keep fluids moving, Battery charged and stop anything seizing up lol. Like I say my main issue is it’s a 20+ year old scoob sat outside (admittedly with a cover and £100’s spent on rustproofing) and a lot of my money is in it. It’s just not getting the use it deserves and hasn’t got the garage queen life it needs for its lack of use.

Afraid I find most of the VW car group boring as !Removed!. Sorry. Thanks for the input though [emoji6].

I’d be interested in the V7, especially after I’ve seen how much you’ve put into it but thinking of getting something different for time being. Had 2 blobs before the Scoob Type R so may as well see what else is out there.

my 2p go for the 350z and tweak it, one of teh mgs has had a long term project and there are gains to be made for not a lot of dosh or the 330i and keep it standard 

To be honest I’ve been leaning most to the 350Z. It’s Jap for a start, close on power to my scoob (if a lot heavier!) and always liked them. Plus who knows how long I could own a 2 seat car for. Surprised they’re not much to tune up a bit though always assumed they would be since it’s a big N/A 6 cylinder lump. Might have to look into that. Know where there might be some info on that project?

Went to see a GT86 today too, got to say very nice car. Think the power might be a issue though. But seen a UE length manifold For it I could get to retain that Subaru burble... which is a MAJOR plus point. Couldn’t test drive it though, going back tomorrow.

Will try and get to see a Z too. No local 330’s as yet.

Neither the good lady or myself would want to go back to 2WD, especially with a motor with some poke.

The weather we are about to experience is what makes full time 4WD the best thing since Y fronts, slippery wet cold roads at junctions roundabouts bends no problem, these drivetrains just sort it all out for you, no embarrassing wheelspins, no struggling to put down grip, that grip is worth a hell of a lot of bhp when so much of it can't be used because of grip issues.

My tuppenceworth is if you must sell find something that drives all the wheels.

Can’t say I agree, I testdrove a GT86 a couple of days back, great fun! Had it wheelspinning and sideways out of a couple of junctions made me genuinely laugh out loud. The lack of poke is really, REALLY noticeable though not sure I could live with it.

Got a few 350Zs I’m going to look at soon hopefully they’ll be better in that respect, the weight might be a killer on those though, will see.

Yea I’m gutted mate. I still may not go through with it. Will see after driving a few others, if nothing impresses I’m just going to have to stop being a ****** and start using it more without worrying.
Never know, it may not sell for what i want either in which case I’ll defo keep it and give it some use without feeling as bad.

May have just put a deposit down on a BRZ...
Least I’m staying in a Scoob! Lol.

I test drove a few different cars. None of them compare to me Impreza but the gt86/BRZ were the most enjoyable. The 350Z was just too heavy, even with the extra 100bhp+ the BRZ actually felt slightly faster. Especially in the last 3000revs.

Can get UE headers for it to keep that burble in my life too [emoji23]

Just need to sell mine now

May have just put a deposit down on a BRZ...
Least I’m staying in a Scoob! Lol.

I test drove a few different cars. None of them compare to me Impreza but the gt86/BRZ were the most enjoyable. The 350Z was just too heavy, even with the extra 100bhp+ the BRZ actually felt slightly faster. Especially in the last 3000revs.

Can get UE headers for it to keep that burble in my life too [emoji23]

Just need to sell mine now
One of the lads round our way has one of these with an aftermarket exhaust on and it sounds incredible

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, david1972 said:

One of the lads round our way has one of these with an aftermarket exhaust on and it sounds incredible

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yea, sounds just like a Impreza :). Except for maybe even more pronounced since it doesn't have a turbo. The one I've put a deposit down on already has a Milltek catback which sounds great, I'll be mega once I install the UE headers!

Mines for sale now 

😭😭