Hey all!

JMHimpreza

Heya guys and gals!

Currently not a Subaru owner, but I am on the serious hunt for a blobeye Impreza :). After a turbo, and preferably an Sti if in budget, although a wrx with an sti style wing would suit me fine. 

Newbie question time!

What should I be on the lookout for? Common issues? Mileage for the timing belt change? 

Im a motorcycle technician so happy to take on a challenge!

thanks in advance! 

Joe, from Manchester 

Hi Jo, welcome to the club. 

Theres a good buyers guide here

This should give you everything you need. If you’re used to swinging a spanner then, in my opinion at least, Subarus are pretty easy to work on. 

Good luck with the search! 

Hi and welcome mate. Im relatively new here and its a great forum. Dont worry to much about the wing though if you find a clean car without one theres a few good breakers where you will definitely find what you need to personalise the car. Happy hunting man 😁

Welcome. Rust will be a big concern on cars that age. Rear arches are highly likely to be on the way out. Bear in mind they rot from the inside out so if any is visible then alot will be hidden behind it, don't be fooled by someine claiming it's only the odd bubble of surface rust.