XV Diesel 2.0 2016 Face-lift Exhaust

Monkey01

Hello all,

Im thinking about changing the back box on my 2016 face-lift, but dont see many options out there and have a couple of questions:

1) Is it worth changing the exhaust on a diesel? I have just swapped my petrol Forester 2.5 XT for the diesel XV due to hammering out lots of miles, so I dont know much about diesels at all! 

2) Does anyone make specific XV performance (or better sounding) exhausts for the diesel model?

2) If it is worth it, what options from the WRX hatchback line will fit the XV with minimal modification?

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, Monkey01 said:

Hello all,

Im thinking about changing the back box on my 2016 face-lift, but dont see many options out there and have a couple of questions:

1) Is it worth changing the exhaust on a diesel? I have just swapped my petrol Forester 2.5 XT for the diesel XV due to hammering out lots of miles, so I dont know much about diesels at all! 

2) Does anyone make specific XV performance (or better sounding) exhausts for the diesel model?

2) If it is worth it, what options from the WRX hatchback line will fit the XV with minimal modification?

Thanks! 

Not sure what exhaust would suit you but if your using it to bang out tonnes of miles do you want it louder? Save the money for tyres or something. Just my opinion however. 

Thanks for the response.

i had a 3" Hayward and Scott system on my Forester and that was acceptable. So if anyone knows of any good exhausts that are specific and available for the XV please let me know. Also what is compatible with the WRX etc would be great! 

Generally exhausts on diesels particulary those to make them more sporty sound awful just because they have a rough sound to them, they tend to sound like there is something wrong with the car rather than improve the sound.  

My mate did this to a diesel mondeo and it just sounded like it was knackered rather than tuned, he also noticed no difference in performance. You’d have to remap it to get anything useful out of it. 

Diesels aren’t really suited for tuning. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, Monkey01 said:

Hello all,

Thanks! 

I've been toying with this idea as well, I took the back box off to see what it sounded like and honestly it made no difference. I've a video on here somewhere. I'm much the same as I came from an SG 2.0XT with an H&S, but with a silenced mid section. 

I think to get a noticeable change in sound it would need to be from Dpf back. There are a few videos on youtube of folk with exhausts and Dpf deletes, which do sound good, but unfortunately UK dpf regs prevent us doing that. 

I think hatchback wrx back boxes should fit, but as our exhaust is concealed behind the bumper that could be the issue. 

Keep me informed if you do decide to go for it!