Front Brake pads and discs and front suspension arm bushes

discodas

Hi,

As before new and in the process of getting my first forester, the AA have inspected the car today and noted the following advisory's

pads 45%, Disc have very small lip, and very slight play in the suspension arm bush nothing that strikes a concern, passed MOT. Car has done 49k miles and FSH

Me being me want to have it right, where is the best place to purchase genuine parts or very close OE parts other than main dealer's please.

I live in North Wales LL18 Rhyl post code area

Thanks you in advance of you help advise

Nothing wrong with brakes, pads just under half their life and discs have a little wear edge is totally normal, you likely throwing away original top quality parts and wasting good money for nothing replacing them this early and also adding recycling waste when not needed.
Suspension bushes more worthwhile if indeed fatigued, the rear horizontal flex bush on front wishbones is crap design on these over earlier model torsional pin bush (was a crap design on rover ford and peugeot for decades so surprised subaru went similar 😕 ).

oem bushes is way to go .

4 hours ago, Mr B said:

Nothing wrong with brakes, pads just under half their life and discs have a little wear edge is totally normal, you likely throwing away original top quality parts and wasting good money for nothing replacing them this early and also adding recycling waste when not needed.
Suspension bushes more worthwhile if indeed fatigued, the rear horizontal flex bush on front wishbones is crap design on these over earlier model torsional pin bush (was a crap design on rover ford and peugeot for decades so surprised subaru went similar 😕 ).

oem bushes is way to go .

Hi Mr B, Brilliant thank you, oem?sorry original equipment?, are they easy to push out, is it worth powerflex replacements? Is it worth changing any other bush while im at it?

yeh oem genuine subaru branded  or straight from original manufacturer unbranded .

original bushes can be had under £20 each and are press fit, we do these on car with forcing scre and cup kit .

If it is the front control arms bushes then you may want do both bushes on each arm

only other bushes likely be possibly bad is swaybar bushes/links.

besides possibly the control arm rear bush I wouldn't expect any bushes be that bad at 50K but if been on farm drive or daily patch of bad road it might .