how can i update my dash

Nick

I will concur :D And yes all the walnut dash should be able to come of easy enough you could either spray it wrap it with carbon wrap if you good with it. And if you really feel confident you could change the Green LED lights on the temp switches to glow other colour's :D I've done that with an old car of mine and looked great. But I cheated and payed a bloke to switch the bulbs for me but when I looked I think I could have done it myself :D

i have the single din slot in mine and was told if i get the double din equivalent panel it's just a simple case of swapping that section, can has to be same spec dash as yours though, for my impreza it has to be the pre facelift dash section, as for the wood, as said you could vinyl wrap it, a heat gun and a vinyl squeegee would be handy to have as well as a damn sharp craft knife, if you want the matte carbon to look more realistic just give it a few coats of lacquer, warm the lacquer as your spraying and it gives a shiny finish without needing a polish

As Miggs said I can't see why you couldn't swap them Most thing's on Subaru can be swapped as long as it all the same size other wise you would need to swap the full dash. Only think I'm not sure about is if the new temp controls will have the same ports that plug in the back.

going to give it a go. my exhaust is also on its way out and I read it was only in 1.75 diameter :angry: why make an exhaust that small? Anyway was wondering if I could stick and imprezor standard system on to at least breath and sound better. 

sorry for all the questions but I haven't been out and had car put on the ramps to get a good look at things needed and upgraded because I am not far off a wheel chair until I have had an operation on my back

No I don't think they would fit not as a straight swap anyway like for like. And I don't think there easy to come by Legacy exhausts from what I've read on here with other's looking to do the same. I would maybe look for a 2nd hand one or only other way is a custom made :( I could be wrong though.

And sounds painful I know mate of mine has back problems. :( 

thanks for the quick reply's

I wont be able to get a custom exhaust but will try and get an eBay special. lol. and fit it myself.

I just need to find if other Subaru models that have the same shape and bends to mine and fit it with a reducer.

also interested on help with other things I can do to the car, inside and out and tuning

I think the biggest problem will be getting the brackets in the right places. And noting wrong with eBay specials mate I know lot's of people that have them :) 

Tuning side I don't think there is much you can do with BHP gains. other then reduce weight. But alloy's and body parts suspension are not bad things to do for the handling and looks :D 

i would imagine that the leggy turbo and non turbo will be the same fit from the cat back, i know the impreza and forester systems are more or less the same bar about 6" on the end, Dogma fitted his non turbo impreza exhaust to his turbo forester and just added a bit extra to the end to clear the rear bumper

on another note, what's up with your back? if you don't mind me asking, i was told i'd be in a wheelchair by now and so far that's not happened, touch wood, as i broke my back some 13 years ago now, i'm on a proper concoction of pills but refuse to go for the op, i have not just got the fracture but the disc below the fracture has prolapsed and they want to either remove and fuse it or replace it or just cut the excess off, having a needle phobia is putting me off going in though, plus they said it wasn't going to get rid of the back pain just the sciatica and i can cope with that to be fair

anywhoooo

I am ex forces and had a sore back for years but just got on with since I also have a pain tolerance, but had whopping cough last December and when coughing my legs wont work. was sent for an mri scan and thet found that a had destroyed a disc and it had rotted away and the rest of it was pushing against my sciatic nerve causing pain in my spine and pain down my **** and legs.

both army and civvy doctors have decided to cut it out and fuse the two bones together and plate it. 

I asked for them to do ithe op since I cant live a day without stabbing pain leaving me home 99.9% of the time since Christmas. 

And to make it all sound worse Ive ended up with depression and anxiety

well hopefully tinkering with your scooby will provide something of distraction ;)

failing that there is enough inane rambling on here to realise there are people who have a questionable state of mind and need occupying fulltime :D

economies of scale - use as many of the same parts as possible and it keeps costs down - it may be possible to fit impreza units to increase bore diameter from your cylinders allowing a larger diameter exhaust all the way to the back box - food for thought, again this is TLag and Bip + others have more experience with legacy specific builds