Forester e-boxer

Laxscoie

Hi, I am looking at going for a new forester e boxer. Just received a call from my local dealer to say that the cost price will increase at the end of December 2019 by £3000! This is due the a carbon emissions tax added at the point of importation. I have no reason to doubt him but did think it was a ploy to make me buy one now before the increase. Has anyone experienced the same. It has potentially put me off making the change.

I have just replaced a diesel Forester with a petrol XV, the price hike being one reason, but also the MPG figures for the e-boxer range are lower than the petrol engines. We were fortunate enough to be able to purchase a new XV of the spec we wanted from dealers stock as I believe once current stocks are sold petrol only variants will no longer be available. When we collected the car last week the salesman advised that we had probably made the correct decision based on MPG and the 3k price rise.

Thanks Colin, I think the published mpg is supposed to be 10% better on the hybrid but don't think that is worth 3k.  I have also noticed that, unlike Toyota Rav 4, there are no discounts or incentives. May look at the xv instead. Many thanks. 

Subaru uk seem to be doing everything in their power to make the subaru brand on the uk fail, only offering auto's, poor deals, only selling from stock rather than what folks order etc etc

tis rather sad 😞

4 hours ago, Laxscoie said:

I agree, it's a shame as I am prepared to move across from BMW and put my faith in a Japanese manufacture. But with little incentives and poor selection, I may go to Toyota!

F10 or F90 m5 will be my next car, simply cos decat and map and its 700bhp haha

• 2 years later...

I have never done one of these before but just bought a brand new forrester boxer after and Audi Q7 for many years . I. Coming to terms with its quirkiness and enjoy the drive however I have endless issues with using high beam , even with the EYESIGHT camera turned off when on Auto ( for lights) you cannot push  the light lever forward and have full beam/ main beam on,   It is a nightmare in country lanes however even the dealer doesn't u der stand why it wont come on,  if you out the lights on manual u can make it come on - that's a pain - I have literally had to hold the pulling toward position I use to flash someone - has anyone else had this issue or know how to remedy it.  It clearly can work but it won't come in in the normal way.  Thank you 

On 6/16/2022 at 2:08 PM, Nicki gibson said:

I have never done one of these before but just bought a brand new forrester boxer after and Audi Q7 for many years . I. Coming to terms with its quirkiness and enjoy the drive however I have endless issues with using high beam , even with the EYESIGHT camera turned off when on Auto ( for lights) you cannot push  the light lever forward and have full beam/ main beam on,   It is a nightmare in country lanes however even the dealer doesn't u der stand why it wont come on,  if you out the lights on manual u can make it come on - that's a pain - I have literally had to hold the pulling toward position I use to flash someone - has anyone else had this issue or know how to remedy it.  It clearly can work but it won't come in in the normal way.  Thank you 

Umm..I've had similar problems with my Outback (2020), which is the first car I've owned with 'High Beam Assist'.  When I first used it I found that I was getting flashed a lot by oncoming drivers, as the full beam wasn't dipping quick enough. The car was new, and I seriously considered getting the dealer to have a look at the self-leveling system and also checked out a few Youtube videos to see if i could adjust the headlights myself.  In the end, things (kind of) sorted themselves out, perhaps with the car's self-leveling correcting itself (!) with more miles on the clock.  However, I still loath the high-beam assist.  It now often comes on too late in my judgement (although this can function inconsistently) and then often switches back to low beam if the headlights simply reflect off a clean reflective road sign or similar, and then it subsequently takes too long to return to high beam.  My solution? Now, I simply leave it in the manual light setting at night and switch between high and low beam in the 'old fashion' manner I've been used to after four plus decades of driving 😉 Some of these gimmicky bells and whistles are just a wasteful complication that the car marketing teams get all fevered up and rave about.

Hope you get it sorted one way or another.  You could also look on the US Subaru Forester  site  as they sell alot more Subarus over there https://www.subaruforester.org/