Poorly scooby Impreza - help 🥺

Tempo2007

Hi all, so I’ve swapped my perfect running 08 BMW 118D for a 60 (2010) plate Suburu Impreza R C; it’s a cat C repaired and has only done 46000 genuine miles has had timing belt changed along side a few other bits (brakes / clutch etc)

issues ...

now when I swapped the guy told me it had an o2 sensor issue and occasionally it’d lack power which he rectified by putting it into low LO gear ratio using the AWD selector handle thing (whatever it’s called)... as it turns out for a 2.0 petrol non turbo it has a massive loss of power, it struggles getting up hills and on the flat it feels sluggish too (with the AWD Selector in high) when its in LO it’s a tiny bit better but still feels sluggish.

issue 2

with the engine off but ignition on there’s a clicking coming from the glove box area, and also under the bonnet the fan will constantly stop; and start repeatedly, with engine on click gone and fan is normal but with it off it’s constant clicking and engine fan on / off

im at a loss ... ive run an OBD which has shown the following but again I’ve no idea why would it show high AND low voltage issues ?! frown.gif

only other issues is it feels wobbly on the road but I presume that could be bad ball joint / tracking etc; that and it’s in need of a bit of TLC cosmetically

is it beyond economical repair / is this scooby dead or is it a few simple fixes?

thanks in advance

- I have no idea what the damage was causing it to be a cat C I only know it was repaired (apparently)

AC125466-CA64-4B5B-BBF9-D1AC277AD162.jpeg

Dont really know much about the later na scoobies but all those codes are for things at the back of the engine bay /rear engine loom .

Seeing as your getting high and low voltage issues it could be a intermittent fault  (Like a loose /corroded plug or earth ) .

On the older turbo versions theres a engine loom multi plug near the Battery and one at the rear of the engine (where engine and gearbox meet ) . Theres a earth on the inlet manifold (near where the fuel pipes join the engine from the fuel filter) and another earth bolted onto the starter motor fixing bolt .

Making sure they're all connected, clean and making good contact , might be good place to start .

Is the clicking not a solenoid going crazy? It cannot of welded it's switch together (due to arcing) as fan goes on and off, so must be being supplied a voltage on and off constantly. If it was a bad earth it would continue to do so when switched on no? unless a new earth gets connected when switched on or new positive supply or both? Should read the error codes first bad earth is highly probable. What was the CAT C for, could that be water damage?