back in a subaru

the hen

hello, 

i purchased a 2003 uk wrx in the new year. i had a 1993 jdm wrxm in 2002/3 and a sti type r in 2009/10 so decided i would dip my toe in the subaru game again. the car is a sti replica from the outside but doesnt have the power to match. i know i probably should have bought a sti but i just wanted a fast car to take out an odd day. its will spend 95% of its time in the shed parked up. getting into a wrx now they dont feel as quick as memory serves me lol. time has moved on and cars have gotten faster and more torquier ( especialy diesels ) so with that in mind i've decided to remap it. im based in ireland by the way. i have an appointment next month to get the car remapped. not looking huge power just want a few extra ponies and better power delivery really. ive ordered a cosworth panel filter and walhbro 255 fuel pump, car has  full ss de cat exhaust . i will get it fully serviced before mapping and the mapper has advised  to fit a certain type of spark plugs to use ( cant think of exact ones sorry) he will map it for use on octane boost as we have crap 95 ron petrol here. hopefully i should see 270/280 bhp

scooby2.jpg

scooby3.jpg

scooby4.jpg

• Like 2

Will do. Remap is being done by ap performance here in Ireland. He's very highly recommended within the Subaru community here. Here's a picture of my old type r . It spent some time in the UK and Cyprus I believe.  If I remember rightly a UK soldier had it in Cyprus believe it or not. 

2007_08250069 (1).jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got car sorted for remapping . Fully serviced , fitted new fuel pump and cosworth filter. Put new front discs and pads on while was at it too. Got the mechanic to do a compression test on engine also. 

Cylinder 1. 180 psi
Cylinder 2. 179 psi
Cylinder 3. 174 psi 
Cylinder 4. 176 psi 

Hopefully restrictions lifted in May and remapping goes ahead.

• Like 1