coordinator NW

hello everybody

i'm Gaz and ive subarus.......... no its not a ailment ,

It all started back in the 80's when all good stuff happened according to the TV that is,

well back then i was introduced to opel mantas and one thing lead to another ,

10 yrs later and i according to the gospel's  ' in the house of the lord there are many mantas'  

i  managed to have about 11 of them still got two in my garage now and during this time i was  Area Rep for the OPEL MANTA CLUB for 10 yrs  but there came a time 

when i wanted something a little different, newer in fact  so one day while wandering round ROCHDALE's red light area (railway station) i saw a 'sign' no its not god again,

it was  in fact  SUBARU  it was over the Mclure Performance Center and it was then when i was taken to the WRX/STI side .

Then there she was 1995 wrx/sti saloon, 406 silver, 40,000 miles, mint condition thats when it had me AND LATER I OWNED IT. 

So here i am 15 yrs later still with same car + a uk wagon of the non turbo 2000 LTR  variety  and   ive volunteered  my time as  coordinator for the (NORTHWEST AREA) .

i don't want to give the impression i know everything about the subarus 'which i don't '

but i do want to try and help people out if they have any scoob problems,

try and get a good monthly pub meet going to discuss car issues - or other projects you might have going

attend local shows now and again ( japfest 2 / the big one / tatton park / woodvale  /  trafford park classic  just ideas guys)

get a good knowledge base of local companies and garages that we can use 

what can we offer to the club as a members  (what skills do we have to offer each other) you know for mates rate's jobs etc. 

so seeing as i don't know who's in the North West  could anybody that's interested in getting involved in Subaru Club Activities message me and lets go from there. 

thanks gaz

post-1114-0-21459200-1380031551_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I used to organise meets for a vw forum and held them on Ashton moss, plenty of places to eat and drink as well as the bowling and cinema, if you go to the entrance of the main complex there is a security station with a small brick building, give them a knock and let them know what your intending and assure them there will be no stupid driving and you will make sure people will keep the area clean, if they argue the toss tell them you want to speak to Sinbad, he runs PCP security in tames ide and he's fine with people having meets provided they behave

• Like 1

I used to organise meets for a vw forum and held them on Ashton moss, plenty of places to eat and drink as well as the bowling and cinema, if you go to the entrance of the main complex there is a security station with a small brick building, give them a knock and let them know what your intending and assure them there will be no stupid driving and you will make sure people will keep the area clean, if they argue the toss tell them you want to speak to Sinbad, he runs PCP security in tames ide and he's fine with people having meets provided they behave

i was thinking of ASHTON MOSS area as its just off the motorway and mc'donalds to boot.  

Sounds a bit like a place near me but you get all the little W@ankers in there little cars going in here every night doing hand breaks and handbreaks on the gravel part. I will need to look for something a bit better I think :) 

Sounds a bit like a place near me but you get all the little W@ankers in there little cars going in there every night parking up showing off and handbreaks on the gravel part. I will need to look for something a bit better I think :)

there's a place accross the road thats got good food and a good size car park i;ll go over tomorrow and ask  

i can do without all the hassle 

• Like 2

Sounds a bit like a place near me but you get all the little W@ankers in there little cars going in here every night doing hand breaks and handbreaks on the gravel part. I will need to look for something a bit better I think :)

the reason i did the meets for an old forum on there is because there is security there's no little pillocks doing stupid **** like that, you get the odd one driving in or out like an idiot but theres a non security car park on the other side of the dual carriageway with b&q and maccy d's that get all the tossers

Place near me they race around down the sea front near the arcades then all meet up in this car park and do that all night there's an all you can eat Chinese Mc D's KFC and loads of other stuff but no Security. Not an Ideal place for a meet up in Scoobs :( 

I know a really nice pub but you have to go through a ford to get to it. Not to sure many people be happy going through that after they have polished the car :D

Mind you I'm waiting to see if anyone local to me turn's up here 1st :D I could go on other forums and message a bunch but would feel wrong in me doing that ;)