Classic Scooby Sti buying advice help!

ScoobieP

Hey guys

So as the title suggests I don’t own a scoobie but looking for any advice/tips/guides on what to look out for when buying a scoobie.

I have always wanted to a classic sti scooby since I was a kid and now it’s time to actually get one.

I really want a classic sti v5 or v6 and wanted to ask if I could get any advice/tips on what to look out for.

My budget is around £6/7k and wanted to know if you guys think I could find a good example for around this price.

Any thoughts/help is appreciated

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

That sort of price range you should pick up a nice clean example, main things to look out for ....

rust on rear inner arches /sills ,service history and if it has engine mods ,it needs to have been remapped .

There's a buying guide here ....

Generally the more recently it's been imported the less likely you are to have to tackle rust . Classics are 20+yrs old and don't like the uk salt much 😉

Best of luck with the hunt and let us know if you find one 👍

Generally jdm turbo stuff is used to a higher grade fuel over there but if you always use 99 ron over here , you should be fine (as long as it doesn't have any modifications) .

Any modifications to breathing (air in /gasses out) ,injectors, turbo ect ...  will affect fuelling  , so they could cause the car to run rich or lean and damage the engine .

So if a car has been run with unmapped modifications there's a chance ,you'd be buying some issues , unless it has had a dyno health check or remap to check the fuelling /add the mods to the map 😉