Hi from Norfolk

Chrisp0p

Hi guys, 

I have to admit I'm not a Subaru owner (yet!!) but I have come here for advice and general information as real owners tend to know a lot more than random websites! 

I have got the money together and I'm looking to buy an Impreza WRX around the 2005 era, as they've always been my favourite. 

I see a couple of Subaru's driving around Norfolk and was wondering if anyone is near me? 

And what is a reasonable price for a clean, low milage WRX of that age? Around £7k?

Cheers, 

Chris.

Welcome,

2005wrx i'd be expecting to pay around 5 at most for a top quality one, lower for a one that isnt mint.

2.5 engine in the hawk (2006) is sketch, some are fine, some just let go if you look at them wrong.

30 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

Welcome,

2005wrx i'd be expecting to pay around 5 at most for a top quality one, lower for a one that isnt mint.

2.5 engine in the hawk (2006) is sketch, some are fine, some just let go if you look at them wrong.

Oh really? Damn, I just found a good condition 2006 for 5 with only 56k miles on. 
Worth waiting longer to find a 2 litre? 

Wotcha and welcome - as above have some cash in reserve just in case, a good service history will help provide some assurance but its never a true picture of how the car has been treated. If it does let go you know once rebuilt it will be good for a long time

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome - as above have some cash in reserve just in case, a good service history will help provide some assurance but its never a true picture of how the car has been treated. If it does let go you know once rebuilt it will be good for a long time

Hey, thank you! I have been mainly looking for cars with a decent service history as I've never owned a Subie before, figured it was best to go for a looked after one!
I think I may have bagged a decent 2003 WRX, so fingers crossed it all goes through!

22 hours ago, Chrisp0p said:

Hey, thank you! I have been mainly looking for cars with a decent service history as I've never owned a Subie before, figured it was best to go for a looked after one!
I think I may have bagged a decent 2003 WRX, so fingers crossed it all goes through!

Sounds good - keep us posted 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jay762 said:

Sounds good - keep us posted 👍

Deposit has been paid! Silver Blobeye, 77k miles, great service history, all standard apart from a de-cat and a light tune 😁 Picking it up on the weekend, buzzing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with it.

Mod plans are pending, just going to drive it around for a while and figure out what I want to do with it, currently just restoring the headlights etc. to make it look a little nicer!

And nice @savage bulldogs! I'm sure I'll find an excuse to drive that way at some point 😜

• Like 1