JDM / UKDM differences

Woolley_5913

I'm not as up to date on my blobeye spec , so not sure if the late uk blobeye wagon will have single avcs heads ?

but know the later jdm wrx saloons do have single avcs and early wrx uk salons don't have avcs .

There could be a difference in gearbox ratio, as most Jdm's do have shorter gearbox ratios than their ukdm versions .

Hopefully someone else who knows their blobeye wagon spec better than me, will chip in 👍

1 hour ago, savage bulldogs said:

I'm not as up to date on my blobeye spec , so not sure if the late uk blobeye wagon will have single avcs heads ?

but know the later jdm wrx saloons do have single avcs and early wrx uk salons don't have avcs .

There could be a difference in gearbox ratio, as most Jdm's do have shorter gearbox ratios than their ukdm versions .

Hopefully someone else who knows their blobeye wagon spec better than me, will chip in 👍

Thanks mate.  I've just had a quick look in scoobynet about the avcs.  Luckily enough some dude asked about jdm, bugeye onwards supposedly.  Where would be a Good place to look to try and find out the main differences? So I know for sure what's what 

You might be lucky and a google of both jdm and uk spec sheets might come up but as tidgy said ,there's not much in it between a uk and jdm wrx wagon . So not many go through the extra expense of importing them .

They did make jdm bugeye sti wagons and these would have a much bigger sti jdm to uk wrx spec difference . As the bugeye onwards sti (saloon or  bugeye wagon) has 6 speed box ,factory forged ej207 engine, brembos ,bigger turbo ,bigger injectors, Brembo brakes, avcs , better suspension, interior, tmic waterspray ect ..

The uk wrx compared to jdm wrx would only have the few things I listed in my last post (ratio, possibly avcs)  plus maybe trim and interior differences . As they're both aimed at a similar market 

1 hour ago, savage bulldogs said:

You might be lucky and a google of both jdm and uk spec sheets might come up but as tidgy said ,there's not much in it between a uk and jdm wrx wagon . So not many go through the extra expense of importing them .

They did make jdm bugeye sti wagons and these would have a much bigger sti jdm to uk wrx spec difference . As the bugeye onwards sti (saloon or  bugeye wagon) has 6 speed box ,factory forged ej207 engine, brembos ,bigger turbo ,bigger injectors, brembo brakes, avcs , better suspension, interior, tmic waterspray ect ..

The uk wrx compared to jdm wrx would only have the few things I listed in my last post (ratio, possibly avcs)  plus maybe trim and interior differences . As they're both aimed at a similar market 

That's probably where I got the forged internals from them.  I'll just take it as a standard uk spec wrx then.  Cheers lads 👍🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

They did make jdm bugeye sti wagons and these would have a much bigger sti jdm to uk wrx spec difference . As the bugeye onwards sti (saloon or  bugeye wagon) has 6 speed box ,factory forged ej207 engine, brembos ,bigger turbo ,bigger injectors, brembo brakes, avcs , better suspension, interior, tmic waterspray ect ..

the sti wagons didnt come with brembo's from the factory 😮 im not even sure if they came witht he sti seats.

post bug the uk sti got proper forged engines up to a hawk where as jdm where hyperutectic, so uk sti engine was a better spec 😮 i only found that out a couple of weeks back

• Like 1

I Knew there was a few things that weren't "newage sti saloon spec " on the bug sti wagon but thought I'd mention it ,alongside the saloon sti spec . As it was the only newage sti wagon they made ,impreza wise and has a stronger ej207 and 6 speed too 

So it gave the op something to compare with,  when asking about uk wrx to jdm sti spec 😉

Yeah all those early years for me on scooby net being told how "the uk sti has a weaker engine " only to find out a couple of years ago ... it's not lol 

I've even seen a bit of evidence to say that the "spec c thick walled block " is weaker due to "machine work notches " near the headstuds weakening the cylinder sleeve walls , too 

Admittedly the big port heads on some jdm sti versions are the ones to have , though .