2012 XV Oil Change

aidy55

Have failed to complete an oil change today on my recently purchased 2012 XV 2.0 D. 

Bit annoying as ive serviced rest of car and have had no issues doing oil on previous cars. 

Can't seem to find the sump plug. I thought this little access panel would show the 17mm bolt but no joy. 

I removed the full underside panel hoping to see it but still didn't, i can see an oil pan that requires a 12-14mm allen key but its the CVT i reckon. 

Any suggestions, anyone done an oil change on a 2012 XV? 

IMG_20210131_095745.jpg

Watched them already, a very detailed one showing a 2013 being done. He has a notched out piece on the underside panel to access bolt, i thought mine was the same albeit with small release hatch but no. 

His filter on the 2013 is also differebt location that mine so there is a difference, 

Hopefully someone with a uk 2012 xv can offer some light if im lucky lol

Ok so diesel xvs in the US dont exist.

So maybe the pan ive found is the engine oil, just hoping someone can confirm the oil pan has an allen key bolt and is pointing sttaight down towards ground and not diagonal like the ones shown in most service guides online