Diesel Engine... or stay Petrol?

Hi All! I am on my 7th Subaru (2 Forester's, Outback, XV Crosstrek. and 2 STI's), my current Subaru is an 09 Justy (technically not a Subaru). We live in Scotland and are wanting to get a true Subaru again, I am looking at another Forester XT or Legacy. One of the Forester's I am looking at is a diesel. I have never owned a diesel model before so I am a bit nervous about it. It's a 2010, 130k miles and a one owner. I have others that I am looking at that are petrol, but I wanted to see what advice anyone could give on a 2010 diesel motor and if they have had problems. We might not stay in Scotland, so am unsure if other countries would accept a Subaru diesel. Thanks! 

As above, any modern diesel is not a great product .
emission control can be expensive problem and the subaru crank issue is very real and expensive .
I've had 3 in my yard his year already and none got repaired, simply owners don't want spend what required and overall condition not good emough and used market got little interest in the diesel thus they next to worthless .
Really is no benefit in diesel unless really doing high miles or buy pre dpf vehicles ...