GC8C Blow off valve help

Falken_Tyres

Hi Guys, 

Just picked up this motor and found that one of the hoses has been plugged with a screw. I assume it had a blow off valve installed at some point. Please could you let me know what i need to do to put that right so it's stock. I have atttcahed pictures of the engine bay. 

- Also if you have any tips on anyhting else thats looks like it needs doing please feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance! 

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

I think that pipe should go to the solenoid just above the boost solenoid on the n/s strut tower, its next to the air filter and has that little orange plug going to it as for the idle problem the T piece thingy that the breather pipes and the pipe to the idle control valve go to gets brittle and cracks, it's located under the recirculation valve 👍

• Like 1

Looks like a relatively standard v1 wrx bay , unfortunately I can't help much with the oe vacuum line set up .

As mine wasn't standard when I got it , if you think it sucking in air and increasing idle ?

You could get a smoke test done to rule out intake air or vacuum leaks .

If not then cleaning the idle control valve is the next cheap thing to try .

Get a icv gasket, remove the icv from the inlet , take note which way the o ring and diaphragm face that sit between icv and inlet (for refitting).

Screenshot_20210410-160202_Gallery.thumb.jpg.201c0b4b5ba6bce7fcce4e80a9ba2e71.jpgScreenshot_20210410-160219_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c74551b5de64e0d522a5c26647c54afb.jpg

Clean icv and diaphragm with brake, intake or carb cleaner .

Let dry, Refit with new gasket and top up the coolant if necessary. 

Could try a ECU reset afterwards too , just dont adjust the 2 screws on top of the icv (as these adjust the voltage to the ECU)