Car Back - A country jaunt

olliesgrandad

Well this evening we decided to take the XV for a good test around some of the Cotswold backroads I know. Well I'm very impressed. The only thing I'm not enamoured with is the grip of the factory fit Bridgestone Duellers - but I felt the same when I had them on my Lexus RX450h.

I think I may be replacing them with Michelin cross climates sooner rather than later.

Certainly I don't understand the Road test reports saying that the cars are sluggish, as the mid range acceleration I think is extremely good.

As an aside whilst the car was at the Dealer's having the Battery changed they attempted to change the lock settings to open all the doors.

Apparently they could get through most of the process but then the program kept falling over. They think the problem might be with their equipment so I'll just have to put up with it for now.

Basically at this time I'm very glad to have made the switch.

The dealer has made up a pair of number plates ready drilled to fit my private plate as soon as I get the V5c back (DVLA website shows it was issued on Saturday) so hopefully tomorrow will be the day for me to do the switch.

Very pleased

Agree about the tyre change, I can never understand why a car with such good 4x4 performance is fitted with obvious summer tyres.  Great play, and rightly so, is made by Subaru about the cars traction system yet they still match the car with poor tyres, the whole system is potentially rendered useless for a relatively trivial cost during the manufacturing process.

Glad you are enjoying the car......