New Tyres Ordered

olliesgrandad

Well having had the opportunity tob take my car into some challenging locations last night I realised that the current tyres are less than desirable on anything other than a good surface.

Found Cross Climate + online (which Michelin recommend for the XV at Black Circle for £648 fitted. Currently they are doing £40 off a set of four making a set £608.

I spoke to my usual supplier ( Chris Mullin in Gloucester) and he said he could do them for £596 fully fitted.

This means they would be cheaper than if I waited until September for the next Michelin offer.

They are on back order so should be in around the middle of July which suits me fine as the current tyres are probably less than half worn.

Very pleased with the price.

I usually source mine from Costco if possible they currently have an £80 off 4 tyres on 18” wheels.   At the end of the day you get the best deal you can.  I’ve mentioned this before but when I had my CrossClimates fitted to the XV on of the TPMS sensors was damaged, the fitters paid for it but I had to order from Subaru as it’s a bespoke item and the cost was £125!  Maybe when you get them fitted just mention that the car has TPMS sensors, at least by doing so you’re giving them a heads up.  I was lucky my dealer was able to get one fast it would have been a real pain if it was on back order.

I noticed a significant difference when the XV was fitted in the performance in rain, the sort of thing I mean is standing water on motorways, the car really felt planted.  I’ve also been thought deep snow both wet and icy and again the felt very comfortable. The XV seems to work well with these tyres so you should be a very happy bunny.

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

I usually source mine from Costco if possible they currently have an £80 off 4 tyres on 18” wheels.   At the end of the day you get the best deal you can.  I’ve mentioned this before but when I had my CrossClimates fitted to the XV on of the TPMS sensors was damaged, the fitters paid for it but I had to order from Subaru as it’s a bespoke item and the cost was £125!  Maybe when you get them fitted just mention that the car has TPMS sensors, at least by doing so you’re giving them a heads up.  I was lucky my dealer was able to get one fast it would have been a real pain if it was on back order.

I noticed a significant difference when the XV was fitted in the performance in rain, the sort of thing I mean is standing water on motorways, the car really felt planted.  I’ve also been thought deep snow both wet and icy and again the felt very comfortable. The XV seems to work well with these tyres so you should be a very happy bunny.

I believe that now you can buy cheaper universal TPMS valves and don't have to buy direct from Subaru saving time and money.

You're right the Subaru ones are expensive, but (and this was from a Subaru parts manager!) the universal ones are just as good and are fitted with 433 MHz transmitter    https://www.impactdiagnostics.store/autel-tpms-valve-4-pack .  If you want to do a 5 wheel/tyre rotation pattern yourself and you've not got one of the new Gen 6 Outbacks or similar (which allow 5 TPMS valves to be registered on the car, instead of just four at a time) then you can buy an Autel TS508, ATEQ Quickset or similar tool.