Subaru dealer network

AndyLevorg

My first dealings with Subaru through their website. I sent a request to my two nearest dealers a day and a half ago through the website asking for a quote for the first service. Not a single reply. Not a good start...  Hopefully their service is better than their communications.

Andy

I must admit my local main stealer is a bit of a nightmare - A phone call to order parts with a message left and call back commitment just never happens I have to go there in person to get some attention. Unfortunately the aftermarket alternatives seem to be more customer focused

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 10:33 AM, AndyLevorg said:

My first dealings with Subaru through their website. I sent a request to my two nearest dealers a day and a half ago through the website asking for a quote for the first service. Not a single reply. Not a good start...  Hopefully their service is better than their communications.

Andy

I've recently had the same issue through the Subaru website trying to get a price quote for an accessory (sump guard) from Ullswater Subaru.  That's 3 weeks ago and not even an automatic acknowledgement email.  I wonder if it's the Subaru website - the one that forces you to use the online contact form?  I've found phoning the dealerships directly better.  

Regarding servicing, I telephoned half a dozen or so a few months ago, just out of interest for the cost of the first service (1 yr 12,000 miles).  Most were asking (for the Outback) around £250, with the exception of the dealership in Alnwick which was £150 (I double checked that too).

More recently, I was speaking to a member of staff at the Dales Subaru stand at the Westmorland Show the other week.  Seemed very pleasant.  Skipton (Barnoldswick) would be a couple of hours for you?  About the same for me.  The two more locally based Subaru dealerships (Darlington and Penrith) are new franchises and I wonder about lack of Subaru servicing experience. 

Mine's due a service in December.  I usually use an independent garage I trust, but I think I might go Subaru dealership first this time and see what's what.

Let us know how you get on Andy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jay762 said:

If you did not want to use main stealers look at Sheffield Subaru Services as an alternative

Thanks, I thought about them, but will see how it goes with the dealers first to ensure no warranty issues further down the line. 

• Like 1