2017 on Wiper Blade Issue - Advice

olliesgrandad

Well on Saturday my drivers side wiper blade failed. I thought there was a quick temporary fix as when my car underwent recall the dealer did a free winter check which included a pair of Wiper Blades which they put in the car. Unfortunately when I went to fit them Saturday I found they had plenty of fittings but not one for my car. Ringing around and googling failed to locate any blades locally. 

I then did some research which may help people here. The fitting and size of both blades is identical to both the Lexus NX300 2014 on and the Toyota CHR. 

I rang a local motor factor who didn't have XV blades listed. I supplied him with a registration number for a Toyota CHR gleaned from Autotrader and he ordered me a pair of blades for first thing Monday . They are a perfect fit (Bosch) and the package confirmed that a Lexus NX uses the same pair of blades. Sadly they cost me £40, but as it rained later on Monday it was a distress purchase that was needed on the day. 

Subsequently I have found blades at Lexus Direct for £26 a pair so it is worth speaking to your local Lexus /Toyota dealer for price comparison. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Well on Saturday my drivers side wiper blade failed. I thought there was a quick temporary fix as when my car underwent recall the dealer did a free winter check which included a pair of wiper blades which they put in the car. Unfortunately when I went to fit them Saturday I found they had plenty of fittings but not one for my car. Ringing around and googling failed to locate any blades locally. 

I then did some research which may help people here. The fitting and size of both blades is identical to both the Lexus NX300 2014 on and the Toyota CHR. 

I rang a local motor factor who didn't have XV blades listed. I supplied him with a registration number for a Toyota CHR gleaned from Autotrader and he ordered me a pair of blades for first thing Monday . They are a perfect fit (Bosch) and the package confirmed that a Lexus NX uses the same pair of blades. Sadly they cost me £40, but as it rained later on Monday it was a distress purchase that was needed on the day. 

Subsequently I have found blades at Lexus Direct for £26 a pair so it is worth speaking to your local Lexus /Toyota dealer for price comparison. 

Cheers.  That's really helpful to know.  I too have an unopened set of Wiper Blades for the OB provided by the free winter check.  I've not even opened to have a look, but will do now!  I do think the original blades on the OB are pretty good (so far) - no squeaks, jumping, just silent running.  I always used to fit the Bosch blades to my previous (and partner's current) Skodas.  I park my car outside on the drive and I wonder if prolonged exposure to the elements reduces lifespan, and not simply wear when in use.  Not much I can do about that.

I guess recent model Subarus have to have top notch blades due to the functioning of the eyesight system.