Subaru Forester 2.0 X 5dr 2004 LPG/Duel Fuel 147000 miles ADVICE

PurplePea

I am about to purchase my first Subaru Forester and would like to know how reliable they are and if there is anything I should be aware of or need to check before I part with any money.

Advice and suggestions gratefully received.

Also if I go ahead with the purchase does anyone know where I can buy a set of wind deflectors for the 2004 model.

Many thanks

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

I would check for the same as you would any other car really like. Rust, knocking from the engine, smoke There is a quick 

Check you can have a look at if that helps. 

And someone else was after the wind deflectors I can't remember what the end result was. Will have a look in a little while see if I can find the post again :) 

I've got some defllectors on mine but it's an early sf so don't know if will fot the facelift, there was a chap in cornwall who was after some too but my paperwork didn't actually say where they came from. So that doesn't help matters.

Do you want the deflecctors to stop the wind noise from around the front of the wing mirror ?

Oh right I knew someone was after them and you was involved with the conversation :D

Not cheap either Here

Flee-bay doesn't have any for your year. I'd heard they wasn't easy to find :( 

I've got a how to guide to steal and add on here when I get chance for the wing mirror when I get chance :D 

Haha i've seen two peice ones advertised but they are about sixty quid each.

The defleftors don't stop the wind noise from around the wing mirror cowl, i drove back from southampton convinced i had a hole somewhere. By all accounts it's a manufacturing defect there is a guide somewhere that you can remove the a pillar surround and wing mirror cowl and make it a bit quieter by adding some deadining.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, seems like it may pay me to take my next holiday in the States.... If i do manage to find some I'll let you know. I'll also post some pictures up over the weekend. Regards Paula

• Like 1

What I like to hear ;) hope it all goes well and hopefully you will be back saying how happy you are with it. Look forward to seeing the pictures :D 

Just posted some pictures, anyone know where I can get some reasonably priced Roof Bars and Fog Lights for her, I'm still looking for the elusive wind deflectors.... Many thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Can you please clear something up for me, I've noticed people have different names for their cars like Scoobie, Bugeye, etc. can you please tell me what my Forester is called?

Also i am looking for a set of Fog Lights and Mud Flaps for her as well as some Roof Rails, I've already made the mistake of ordering a set of roof rails only to find they were not suitable for the closed bar I already have on my vehicle any help greatly appreciated, oh and I'm am still looking for the elusive wind deflectors, for no other reason than to allow me to have my windows open without getting wet....

Hello,

Name wise bug, hawk blob classic refer to the year model of the impreza due to the shap of the front lights, being forester owners ours arent as exciting as that.

Mines a 97 sf meaning first generation, yours being a 04 car is an sg (second generation) this is the prefix you'll find on the vin and build plaque under the bonnet.

And the wind deflectors won't stop the rain coming in i'm afraid, mine are about as usefull as a chocolate tea pot.

• Like 2