new member, 1st time Subaru owner, engine troubles

andyvic82

Hi all iv some new news on my new life as a Subaru owner,

As my legacy classic is off the road at the mo, and really need a car for work

Iv only gone and bought another legacy. This one is the 2.5 Outback.

Took me 15yrs from passing my driving test to get a Subaru and in less then 3 weeks if now got 2.

What a greedy git i am.

Lets see the photos then!

I forgot to take one befor i went to work :P

I will post 1 tomorrow promise,

Oh and I Am keeping them both, the WIFE wants the classic (when she passes her test),

Anyone know where i can get the classic a respray, the wife want the classic in Jamaica Yellow.

2nd Adam's comment ;) 

And why didn't you buy Adams auto off him ;) 

Id of loved too, but had to buy Outback on finance, and i dont like driving autos. No affence.

None taken. If it were a manual it wouldn't be for sale!

Tlag has a yellow Gen2 estate (although it's off the road waiting a new engine at the moment) and Bip has a yellow Gen2 saloon, so you can get them but it was a limited edition colour and they are rare.

Edit... Photo of the yellow ones here

None taken. If it were a manual it wouldn't be for sale!

Tlag has a yellow Gen2 estate (although it's off the road waiting a new engine at the moment) and Bip has a yellow Gen2 saloon, so you can get them but it was a limited edition colour and they are rare.

Edit... Photo of the yellow ones here

U dont need to tell me its rare, but she really really wants Jamaica Yellow, im sure House of Colours should have some or be able to mix some up.

Edit... Gambit forgot Adams white auto was a saloon, needed estate anyway.

I agree I like manual gears :) 

Iv have 3 auto's and well i just enjoy driving manuals more, the gear i want when i want it, simpals.

P.s the Outback is car number 21 iv owned, only 1 crash.

Andyvic... If I'm coming to look at your car tomorrow I'm going to need an address. Send me a Private Message with your details. What time is good for you? I'm going to have to head off between noon and 1pm so not so late that we can't talk, but not so early I'm still asleep!

My brother has a Nissan polsar GTR and has spent 50,000 over the last 7 years, he is with a jap club and i was going to join them when i got something jap, but after people letting him down all the time im so glad i got 2 Subarus and this club instead.

• Like 1

That's very true - its a two way street - only as good as the contribution made by the members ;)

I 2nd that Jay.

Tech info ask a wall not me. Put a tool in my hand im ur man, i mean that if anyone needs a hand where i get my hands dirty im there.

Thank u to Adam, getting me out of bed and we sorted out the oil problem, and the idle problem. Its the !Removed! air flow meter.

Thank u Adam and ever 1 els with their advice.

• Like 2

Hi all new development on my classic, as Adam suggested i cleaned the airflow meter first then refitted it. Still no joy so eBay time for 65 quid.

But we have a new problem, money is so tight, so we have come to the decision that when my classic Gl is runny right... We WILL be putting her up the sale.

I really really dont want to sale her but we really need the pennys.

When she is running il put her on the Subaru for sale first for a week or so befor putting her on eBay and auto trader.

We r keeping my Outback not selling her iv got some thoughts about her, when we have a bit more money next year.

:( gutted for you mate but least you are keeping one of them. And think everyone is feeling the pinch at the minute. I've just seen another 3 of my tyres is going to need changing got the clutch this Wednesday caliper and a hub problem to sort on top of that :( keep soldering on though :D

Cheers mate. No worry's way it goes be fine in April. It's just all wanting to be now :D M.O.T in Jan Tax in Jan too. But let's face it life would be boring if it was easy :D 

I wish I'd come an MP though I'd just put it down as expenses ;) 

we have our fair share of problems too, nice little bundle of expense, i have a blown front crank seal on the impreza, not a costly part in itself but it'll need a new cam belt kit to sort it, i have been putting it off for a while as it was a minimal amount of leakage, i'm now spending more on putting oil in every day than petrol, it's using around 5litres every 10 or so miles, the wifes car has started telling me it needs a service and the boiler has refused to give us heat for the last 3 days, turned the gas fire on last night and for some unknown reason it turned itself off after 10 mins, had to wait for it t cool before it would come back on then exactly 10 mins later it went off again

:(