Fast And The Furious Paul Walker Dead R.I.P

Gambit

US actor Paul Walker, who starred in the Fast & Furious series of action films, has been killed in a car crash in California.

Walker, 40, was a passenger in a Porsche sports car driven by a friend - who also died - when it crashed north of Los Angeles.

Walker was said to be attending a charity event at the time.

He starred in all but one of the films in the Fast & Furious franchise, the sixth of which opened in May.

Walker also starred in the suspense drama Hours, a movie that is set for release this month.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's department said the crash happened in the community of Valencia.

_71455412_020182251.jpgThe red Porsche crashed into a lamp post in Valencia, north of Los Angeles

_71455444_020182249.jpgThe sports car burst into flames after the crash

It said deputies found a car engulfed in flames when they responded to a report of a collision. Two people found in the car were pronounced dead at the scene.

Images showed the burned-out wreckage of a red Porsche by the side of the road.

"It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organisation Reach Out Worldwide," the statement on the actor's Facebook page said.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

Heaven has gained a new Angel. Rest in Peace”

Vin DieselFast & Furious co-star

"He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We... are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news.''

Universal Pictures also issued a statement, saying studio staff were "heartbroken" by Walker's death.

"Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the Fast & Furious films, and to countless fans.

"We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

Walker played undercover agent Brian O'Conner in the Fast & Furious movies.

The first film of the franchise was released in 2001 and the seventh is in development.

Walker was one of the leading protagonists, along with Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez.

Diesel said in a post on Instagram: "Brother I will miss you very much. I am absolutely speechless. Heaven has gained a new Angel. Rest in Peace."

_71455998_71455997.jpgWalker's co-star Vin Diesel (left) said the actor's death had left him 'speechless'

Another Fast & Furious star, the rapper Ludacris, wrote: "Your humble spirit was felt from the start, wherever you blessed your presence you always left a mark, we were like brothers."

Walker began acting as a young boy when his mother, a model, took him to auditions for commercials.

After drifting away from acting, he got his big break when a casting director remembered him from years before, tracked him down and gave him a role in the TV series Touched by an Angel.

Walker later won a recurring part in the soap The Young and the Restless before moving on to supporting roles in teen films in the late 1990s with Varsity Blues, She's All That and The Skulls.

After the success of the first Fast & Furious film, Walker became the leading man for the second instalment when Vin Diesel dropped out.

Sad news indeed but looking at that pic you have to think that i could have been avoided. Don't want to speculate on grim things but a case of to much speed in a built up area. The car must have been traveling with some force for it to be wrapped round the post. Needless loss

• Like 1

I have to agree and have said the same as you two. From what I have read this

"Walker, a car enthusiast, decided to go for a ride with Rodas, a businessman and professional race car driver.Roger Rodas was believed to be driving the car."

Was gutted when I heard this. The F&F films are a great guilty pleasure of mine. 5 & 6 are especially great fun to watch and !Removed! good action films in their own right IMO. Won't be the same without him.

From everything I've seen and read he seemed to be a genuine petrol head too.

R.I.P.

At least he had fun and enjoyed himself and he'll have done more in his short time than the equivalent of 10 other people's entire 80+ lives.

I agree not many times I feel I have lost someone close when a Hollywood actor dies but did sting me a bit his death :( 

And if anyone is interested a big even is being set up if anyone want to lead tour club to go feel free to step up. Non of the event are near me :( 

https://www.facebook.com/events/709197252425293/

I'm actually the same. I'm never normally bothered when a celebrity dies, but I was actually gutted about this. Maybe it's because he's one of the first actors who I've near enough grown up with watching that's died which makes the difference...

That meet/cruise sounds a great idea. Doesn have a location now though by looks of it - too big for their original location. Ill be interested to see where they go. Going to try and join it depending where.m

I've seen a few die but I think the only other two I can remember feeling a bit sad about was Bernie Mac and Steve Irwin :)

And I agree the event look's massive now I can't see how it can be held in just one place I know it was being held in Essex not sure if it still is or not. 

I agree not many times I feel I have lost someone close when a Hollywood actor dies but did sting me a bit his death :( 

And if anyone is interested a big even is being set up if anyone want to lead tour club to go feel free to step up. Non of the event are near me :( 

https://www.facebook.com/events/709197252425293/

Think me and a couple mates going to this one

You know what I'm going to ask Matt ;) 

Well if you want to take lead role if some more of the members want to go near you you are welcome to sort it out if you like. Can start an Event thread going. if the interest is good and sort it to get the name on the event list :)