advice on induction kits

LUIGI-3

God i only been here 2 days and said i will keep my scooby standard and my Fleabay watch list is already enormous :o  i was looking at those induction kits with cone filter. Now wont the oil from filter damage the MAF sensor? And how easy are they to install?

• Like 1

God i only been here 2 days and said i will keep my scooby standard and my Fleabay watch list is already enormous :o  i was looking at those induction kits with cone filter. Now wont the oil from filter damage the MAF sensor? And how easy are they to install?

that's what i said too about my wagon 18 mths ago ,

just keep it std as its only  used for collecting spares  and advertising etc i said. :D ... till my classic's serviced and remapped i said..... :D   

but i just couldn't keep my bonnet down...post-1114-0-96754800-1385918435_thumb.jp . ;)

i'll just re-condition my brakes post-1114-0-31976800-1385918701_thumb.jp  ;)

suspension needed sorting so.. post-1114-0-08639900-1385918527_thumb.jp i just needed to re place the gators and a clean up . :)

all the padding in my back box decided to fall out the other week   :wacko:  so i'll just throw a st/st item on there post-1114-0-65306700-1385918909_thumb.jp 

i think ive replaced most serviceable items now with up rated ones , drop links-anti roll bar rubbers-control arm bushes 

last items to change are the tyres now ive woken up to a flat one this morning :blink:    

the best buy i got was a SD PLAYER NO MORE CD'S.. ..post-1114-0-13504000-1385919333_thumb.jp post-1114-0-88097300-1385919405_thumb.jp

THATS IT NOW ....................................... or is it?

• Like 2

With the cone filters the oil you put on them is very very small amounts the idea being to catch / hold the finest particules that would pass through the filter, I have seen people put so much oil on it is dripping off the bottom of the filter, way too much.

• Like 1

With the cone filters the oil you put on them is very very small amounts the idea being to catch / hold the finest particules that would pass through the filter, I have seen people put so much oil on it is dripping off the bottom of the filter, way too much.

the K&N induction kit I used was noticeably louder on the induction note and better cold starts, so far happy with it

I didn't like the idea of a cone filter sucking hot air from under the bonnet so did a resonator delete (cut the air tumbler out from under the wing ) which increases air flow and fitted a k &n pannel filter as one of my first mods .

Saying that once I fit a fmic I'll have to fit a cone filter as the fmic pipework gets in the way of the standard air box ,but I'll try to run a cold feed and fit one with a heat shield .

All foam and cotton filters need oiling as without they are simply awful filters.  Problem is, as you have said, the oil kills MAF sensors.  Personally I am going to take the green filter out of my car and put in a decent quality paper one.  Performance difference is nil and the improved filtering of the paper filter will give peace of mind.  Plus with what I get from selling the green filter on eBay I can buy a few paper ones :D

• Like 1

I have heard that oil plays havoc with maffs but id also heard that the scooby maffs (especially classics) prone to fail anyways :-(

i had my pannel filter in for a good 3 k miles and didn't have any maff issues but due to the rumours I'm now running maffless (esl ) in my 97 classic ;-)