2003 Forester Tyres

david1972

Hello All,

I've just agreed today to buy a 2003 Forester 2.0X AWP and have a question I hope you can help me with.

The car has 4 good tyres on it (Bridgestone's) but when I've been looking into the tyres, they don't seem to score so well for wet weather grip or fuel efficiency (F and E respectively).

Would anybody like to share with my their experience of these tyres and if they don't use them, why not (and what you do use).

It'll be a couple of weeks before I collect my first ever scooby, but will post some pictures as soon as I can. Looking forward to ticking one off my bucket list soon  :)

Thanks in anticipation

• Like 1

Quite a lot of the forester ones seem to be a trade off between noise/ wet weather ability or noise/ economy. With it being a reinforced tyre it limits choice some what.

At the end of the day there are 4 driven wheels so wet weather handling is better anyway.

When i bought my foz it had two new budget on the rear and two nearly new budget on the front. I'll put something decent on next time round but i've not had any problems in the wet or off road so far see how they are in the snow. They also have a better score in the wet than some premium brands. Downside is noise and fuel economy

Thanks for the replies so far. It'll be interesting to see if a "preferred choice" becomes apparent over time.

Just looking forward to getting the car now...can't wait!

Going off topic somewhat, but does anybody have an electronic maintenance manual they'd be happy to share with me, so I can start reading up?

Thanks

Re manual, i'm sure gambit will have one hidden somewhere.

I'd always say just go with the best tyre you budget will allow as it's the only thing keeping you in contact with the road. I've been looking at the michilen and goodyear ones they aeem to have the best combination of all things

2004 would be great, thanks.

I've always liked Goodyear too....which exact tyre is it you've been looking at?

I agree with the "best you can afford" philosophy too....tyres, along with windscreen Wiper Blades, always come into this category for me.

Thanks

If you send me an email via PM if you like or on here but it's public viewing so will leave you the choice I will email it. I keep meaning to get onto Steve the admin I've given him loads to sort out and not heard anything :( 

http://www.etyres.co.uk/car-tyres-uk/searchresultsnew?postcodeText=ls27qz&tyreWidthId=7&tyreProfileId=5&tyreWheelId=4&tyreLoadRating=99&tyreSpeedId=0&orderBy=price&pcVar=&vn=none&asc=1&newmenu=YES&showmenu=YES&tyre4X4=F

click on premium at top then about halfway down the page are the goodyear effegrip or something 

the Michelin energy savers aren't bad either although i always found the michelin agilis on my old van really soft, used to go through a set every 5000 :o

plenty of choice there 

http://www.etyres.co.uk/car-tyres-uk/searchresultsnew?postcodeText=ls27qz&tyreWidthId=7&tyreProfileId=5&tyreWheelId=4&tyreLoadRating=99&tyreSpeedId=0&orderBy=price&pcVar=&vn=none&asc=1&newmenu=YES&showmenu=YES&tyre4X4=F

click on premium at top then about halfway down the page are the goodyear effegrip or something 

the Michelin energy savers aren't bad either although i always found the michelin agilis on my old van really soft, used to go through a set every 5000 :o

plenty of choice there 

Thanks Stanton  :)

No worries :-)

Thats based on a 16" rim think yours may be an inch bigger

Don't know if you'd be able to get them cheaper else where of you shop around. My work has an agreement with them to supply our vans. Usefull to see whats availabe for any car though.

• Like 1

Running Mich Agelis on my van - they may have changed the compound as have done 15k on them so far mostly Mway miles, just swopped front to rear to stretch replacement, grip is excellent though particularly in the snow, had no problems when the snow has hit over the last couple of years

What van you got ? Mines owned by company so it's driven harder than my own. We had a dispatch really torquey slightest wet conditions and it would loose traction. No tcs on it either.

They were silly wide for a van to so i think they were nearly 150 a corner.

We got it with 9000 miles on and was worst van i've ever had for relialibility. Wasn't right from tje start used to eat the n/s tyre for fun. Had everything changed and aligned but no fix

Running Mich Agelis on my van - they may have changed the compound as have done 15k on them so far mostly Mway miles, just swopped front to rear to stretch replacement, grip is excellent though particularly in the snow, had no problems when the snow has hit over the last couple of years

what size tyre / rating etc are they......I only seem to be able to find a very limited range of tyres for what the interweb claims to be my size of 205/70R15 T 95  :wacko: 

Have a look in the doorframe i have two fitments available to me. At the mo i'm on 215/60/16 95 v

But i'm sure the sticker says 205 can be used

One of the first things I'll do when I collect the car......the wait is killing me!! Nothing worse than being in the hands of the DVLA plate retention dep't  :angry:

Moved a step closer to getting my hands on the Forester today......replacement V5 has arrived for our trade in. Just waiting for the tax disc now, then it's all systems go  :D

Not too bad, considering I only posted things off to the DVLA on 17th and we've had the festivities in that period too  :o

• Like 1