police

BenGreen

Im just interested to know whether everyone gets the same police attention as me, since owning my subaru impreza for 5 months i have been pulled over about 6 times ( before you ask no I wasnt driving fast, erratically or doing anything wrong) the last time I got pulled over was yesterday at a 'random' police stop check. Saw a police officer just before the police stop and saw the officer look straight at me and radio further ahead for me to be pulled over. After I produced my documents and everything was proven legit I was sent on my way.

I just cant but think that the police think all subaru drivers are the same and just stereotype the car. Not sure whether its just me or the car, but if anyone else faces the same problem id be interested to know.

It's still one of the most stolen cars in the UK. It probably isn't you that they target, it's probably the actual car model.

The other thing is that a while ago! a proportion of Subarus were driven by what can best be described as not so caring drivers, if you get my drift. unfortunately, that has left the cars with a bit of a stigma. It's like most things, a very small minority have ruined it for the rest of us.

Same for me never been pulled. I've had a police officer pull behind me and get out was just stood chatting about my car didn't even want to look around it I think it was me that made him I even showed him my engine bay  :lol:

And had another one walk across at some lights who was admiring from a far I waved and smiled. 

Did you get it local ? 

Mate of mine bought one turned out it was an X drug dealers car so took awhile for them to learn he had sold it :( 

Ahh this is not good, its just looking like its mainly just me then lol. What area are you all from because anyone that has a 'modified' car around my area is always getting pulled for it. I got it from a garages only 20 mins away

I used to get pulled regularly when driving home at 3.30 am. Then I just used to see the Police cars in the same spot I got pulled but they would just look up and smile after they got used to the car. Although I have changed car a few times over the years, the type of car hasn't changed and I've not been pulled for a long time. I live in coventry, West Midlands but travel through Warwickshire and Leicestershire to work.

My wife used to work in a pub , the police used to stop her on way home as her car was in car park all night

She was 7 months pregnant and they still wanted to breathalise her

pillocks

Not really now , at 21 I had a few " does your dad know you got his car ?" But I live in a rural location where the police know you or your family

prob checking it's not nicked rather than your driving

Know this feeling, upsides and downsides to it. Last time I got a tug was in my old VXR now that was an ASBO looking thing down in Banbury was really suspicious of the car being so far from home till he found out my profession ;). Ended up having a right old natter with him when he realised I wasn't 18 decent bloke

I did have a come back for that but then remembered the Replays, therefore sir, I concede this one

:lol: You see I had already thought of my evidence if you tried to deny it. Maybe I should come a traffic cop now ;) 

They have been setting up those stop and check things on the A316 between Iselworth and Hospital Bridge roundabout for years now, don't think they have a system for who to stop and it should be random. Unless the system shows you as no Tax, insurance or mot, the other thing would the system showing anything suspicious related to the car or known drivers. At least that's the impression all the traffic cop programmes give.

Having said that if it was the same bunch of coppers each time then I would start to question why always me.

At least they are getting the uninsured of the roads.

Tbh I think you have just been unlucky.

Love Ghostrider  :wub:

And I agree it is pick of the luck I think i don't think it helps if you do drive around late at night with a Subaru. I think police would rather try pull one over then let it drive past just on the off chance it has been nicked and give them a chase. I'm sure they get as much of a buzz out of it as the joyriders do. I know I would.

I was sat round my mates one night having a few beers his house looks over like a duel carriageway that runs through town this one.  two police cars lined up side by side of each other and dragged it off from the lights when they went green. My mate reckons they do it all the time, then it was in the paper a few weeks later 2 police cars collided with each other on the same stretch of road on the way to an emergency :lol:  :lol: 

Yeah pull the other one I know what they was doing ;)  

i used to get pulled every other day as the car i was driving was slammed on it's !Removed! and proper loud, most of the time it would just be the car that caused me to get pulled, i've been done for speeding twice and i saw the van and thought the road was a 40 when it was actually a 30, i looked straight at the van and knew i was under 40, then 12 mins later went past it again at 40, got 2 tickets the same day for doing 37 in a 30, i don't tend to get pulled over anymore as i got quite peeved in my first car with it happening so frequently so i brushed up on the law and my rights and have since gained friends in the police force which helps my knowledge even more

the last time i got pulled i was indeed driving like a tit on a country road, didn't see an astra behind me, got to the main road and started doing the speed limit and he pulled me shortly after, he asked what speed the road was i'd been on i said 60 he asked what speed i was doing i said 59 according to my speedo, he said he was doing 90 in the bends to try and keep up with me, i pointed out how irresponsible he was as he didn't have his lights and sirens on, he got a bit irrate and told me he was going to do me for speeding, reckless endangerment and a few other things, i told him that as he was in a panda car his speedo was NOT calibrated therefore he can't guarantee the speed he was reading was correct, also he didn't have a camera on his car to record it and there was only him in the car so if he wanted to take it to court i would be happy to go and fight him there, he said as he was a copper and i was just joe public who would believe me over him, i pointed out that in my passenger seat was another person that would happily stand up in court for me as a witness and without any other evidence it would be 2 against 1, he gave me a warning and stormed off back to his car, there have been incidents like this with me a fair bit some years ago and since the last one i've had no issues, i see them following me all the time and PNC checking the car then after a few miles they turn round and go the other way

when you get pulled a copper will always ask you if you know why you have been pulled, the reason they ask this is because they want you to admit to doing something wrong as then they have a reason to charge you with something with minimal proof, if the car is not a traffic car then it won't have a calibrated speedo and is unlikely to have a camera, if the officer hasn't put on his hat by the time he starts talking to you then he's basically as good as a member of the public, even in a marked car and wearing a uniform he MUST carry his warrant card, if you ask him for it he is obliged to produce it, if he can't or won't do this then report it to the nearest police station to a sergeant or higher and all the evidence will be binned against you and the charges dropped, if the car has sirens and blue lights and the occupants are in uniform but no livery you are NOT obliged to stop until a marked car takes up pusuit

theres loads of rules and regs regarding mobile cameras too but that's another essay lol

• Like 3

I think that's the problem mate ;) Unfortunately. My bro lived in London and I remember when visiting there I always got a LOT more attention for the rozzers. That wasn't even in a Scoob either. I've not been pulled local to me or around my driving roads for 6+ years, and even that time it was only due to me driving early in morning on a weekend with a car full of lads (I'd gone out with them but not drank so drove) I'd have pulled me too in that situation lol.

Said he couldn't smell beer on me so told me to be careful and let me on my way. I've always found police to be reasonable when I've had to deal with them. It's !Removed! fixed and mobile cameras that are the problem!