Forester XT turbo 2001 exhaust shot - wisdom required!

Littlemore

Hi all,

I have owned my forester for nearly ten years now but unfortunately the exhaust end box has corroded and it will not pass an MOT. I have tried eBay but cannot seem to find a replacement exhaust at a reasonable price - does anyone out there know where I might find one? It is a 2001 xt turbo model.

Many thanks in advance,

James

What are you after ? From the turbo back including cats or jut the middle or rear sections ?

I've been told the the 1st two sections for the impreza will fit.(dont hold me to this) The back box is different in length and the hangers are in different positions.

The rear box from the 1st two generations are the same (sf &sg) so you could maybe go to a scrappy and find one or you could get one made, typicaly between £180-300 depending on who soes it.

Longlife and powerflow have nationa networks and both will make you one from scratch. There's a quote me section on their sites.

• Like 2

Systems are available from huge amount of aftermarket exhaust makers & most decent motorfactors stock it or have it in 24hrs or less. Simply call 2 or 3 local motorfactors & give them reg of your forester & request price of rear exhaust silencer & mid-pipe plus gaskets. We pay around £45 for back box & mid-pipe about £35 for cheapest steel systems, gaskets & any new bolts & joint sealant would be no more than £10. We do cat back in aluminized steel with 2year warranty for £210 fitted & just back box for £115 fitted as an example.

You could also go for a custom fabricated stainless exhaust but expect prices from £200 to £380 for this ...

Stay away from likes of KwikFit as stuped prices & not great quality parts either.

Could also send an email to this eBay seller as another option:

If you buy parts any decent local independant garage can fit them & 1hrs labour for backbox & 2hrs tops for cat back & job should be perfect with that allowed time ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=subaru+forester&item=321099443394&_osacat=0&_from=R40&clk_rvr_id=584501967258&_ssn=car_parts_giant&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.Xsubaru+forester+back+box&_nkw=subaru+forester+back+box&_sacat=0

• Like 3

Thanks guys, will take your advice. Initially it was just the end box but I have a feeling the whole lot will need replacing. I am not bothered about an after market system as the old car spends most of its time on farm tracks and down country lanes, an old work horse as it should be. It seems that the turbo version is a bit more expensive than the non turbo one!

Cheers

James

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...