Impreza Turbo 2000

Pommy

As above I bought my Impreza turbo 2000 about 6 months ago. Haven't done all that much with it yet, just been finding out about the car and what I like and don't like.

The first issue was the leaking fuel filler pipe, not a good feeling when you fill the tank and half gone without any driving!! 

After that was fixed I replaced the Nardi steering wheel with a standard Momo and fitted a clock spring so that I could use the horn and self cancelling indicators.

The next thing I did was remove the 4.5" exhaust as I found it too loud for Daily Driving especially leaving for work at 0545 from time to time, replaced it with a twin exit as below. 

null_zps7ef6216f.jpg

I have had the leaky rocker covers replaced, again by Richard Henry due to the lack of time.

Then I had a stuck caliper so changed that for a new one, then the next week another piston stuck on the other side so replaced that (did discs and pads too), I like the silver think it looks nice.

IMG_6102_zps726927c1.jpg

Then the next week it developed a power delivery problem, will therefore be doing a oil and plugs service tomorrow in the hope that a plug is the cause.

Then today I did my first carbon wrap on the centre armrest/storage container. I like it so will be doing more with time assuming this stiff hold up. Will only be doing it to small parts of trim, so it is more of a accent that an overwhelming theme. 

IMG_6112_zps6743a117.jpg

and fitted

IMG_6114_zpsd82ccdb5.jpg

The plan for the car is to get it cleaned underneath and then undersealed (once the weather is better) and figure out anything else I want to change about the time. Also planning on getting some coilovers on over the summer, when I'm not so busy with university and work on weekends. And then get the power up to 320hp and 320ft lb. And continue driving it and let it keep me smiling, oh and going to meets

I'm sure there will be more surprises down the road, will try and take more photo's from now on and keep this updated for anyone interested. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well with the rear tyres cracked on my wheels I started the search for new tyres, forgot how expensive they were even part worn. Then I started to look for rims and tyres second hand, managed to find these with 6mm tread all around and matching tyres, told they were looking a bit sorry for themselves but the tyres were good tread which is what I cared about more. Arrived the other day and got them on the car, tyres were flat and rims looking horribly dirty and some curbing damage. Pumped them up and gave them a scrub with the rough side of a washing up sponge. Have turned out fairly nicely. Am now thinking of keeping these and doing a light refurb and then selling the 17's. Also noticed that all the tyres are Toyo Proxes so that was a nice surprise, was expecting Nankings or other budget considering I paid less than £70 delivered. So a nice little treat, now if the recirc valve comes my car should be up and running again. Only downside is 1 centre cap is missing.

5C222BD1-510D-4C8C-B46F-6C0C4ED8A970_zps

45FE7F08-DD70-4DAA-98A6-44F5C2C737AD_zps

Well I have managed to find a center cap for £4.99 delivered to finish the set off which is good news. Going to get the wheels all looking as good as the clean one above in the next few days.

And today I have made a excel spreadsheet of the jobs I need to get done.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming along very nicely, have an intake on the way at the moment as it came at the right price, some mods will be needed, but have now taken off the spoiler. Think it looks a lot smoother. Have just duct taped the holes to keep the water out for now until I am 100% sure i want rid. And a mate of mine took a spoiler off an MR2 and found it incredibly scary and unstable above 50 so just want to make sure it all works before using some bondo!! (Sorry about the photo's only had my crappy phone to do it)

7A93A4F1-6B23-4F8B-8554-2F68A843527F_zps

DCEFFAB6-441B-41AD-850F-A2DCC9FFF4CA_zps

2556C059-4509-4553-97CD-F2FA526752AC_zps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well a slight change of plan for me I think. Trying to be sensible for a while. Going to leave all the power mods and coil over mods for the moment. Will instead be fixing a load of little niggles and making sure the car is running perfectly as standard. Starting with the steering rack boots which are apparently perishing. Then checking all the bushes and seeing what else should be upgraded. Also am going to upgrade brake hoses as I just realised how poor the brakes are after driving my mums golf. Even with 4 pots. Also painting the boot and returning the wheels.