coolant leak

mani

right. i can smell coolant everytime i exit the vehicle after a drive. looking at it i can see green drip marks on the downpipe just under the turbo. looks like one of the coolant pipes to the turbo. are there any common problems with these.. thanks

Could be age of the coolant lines into the turbo? They do get hot as hell do you have the heatsheild on the turbo ?

Or turbo gasket ? Mine appears to leak coolant slightly on start up just blows a little onto the back of the downpipe until the gasket's warm. It's being changed this week to stop it

Importcarparts.co.uk are cheap for gaskets, may be worth buying new studs and bolts if yours hasnt been removed for a while could be a pain to remove, last thing you want is to shear a bolt and have to wait.

As for hose depends if you want to upgrade to silicione hose or not, plenty of eBay shops will sell you it by the meter, just measure the diameter 1st, you prob need some clips if you go down that route as they are normally thicker than standard.

I presume you'll have to drain the system when you change the hose ? Someone with more knowledge will answer that i guess.

• Like 1

What year is your car & what engine code ?

I'm not much help with the newer foresters,

http://www.japanesecarimports.net/parts.asp?cat=96⊂=494&sec=1539&var=51&dc=y

If your changing the turbo maybe these, turbo to cat pipe gasket and studs are down a bit like i say no idea if it will fit yours but if you call them they should be able to help with your enquiry using vin number, as for hoses it again depends on which one's gone ? And if your gona drain the coolant do you want to change them all ? (Once you start it's a slippery slope). I'll try and dig out wjere i bought my silicone hoses from

Its not the water pump. I saw some coolant behind the power steering pump. So washed the engine today and will keep an eye on any spillages in the engine. The coolant level has not moved at all tough

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk