URGENT HELP NEEDED

wrxlucas89

GUYS I NEED HELP I WAS DRIVING DOWN THE MOTORWAY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE CAR CUT OUT AND WILL NOT START

IVE CHANGED 

CAM SENSOR

CRANK SENSOR

IGNITOR

turbo SOLENOID

TPS

IVE CHECKED ALL FUSES

NO EML EVEN IN DIAGNOSTIC MODE

IVE CHECKED TIMING AND RE-TIMED IT

IVE GOT FUEL GOING INTO CYLINDER AND SPARK AND OBVIOUSLY AIR,

I FEEL LIKE CRYING

IVE TRYED EVERYTHING, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS, MY CAR WILL CRANK OVER BUT JUST WILL NOT FIRE

ITS A 1993 IMPREZA WRX IMPORT CLOSED DECK

Sounds like you've done preety much everything if it were me and seeing as you are in Surrey I'd get in touch with James @ Greenwood racing developments or Dan @ Surrey Subaru Specalists. I've had dealings with both, very good. I would also suggest visiting http://www.surreyscoobies.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77 as they both have forums in the Trade section there there along with Simon @ Jolly Green Monster they all have very good reputations with the Surrey Scoobies Membership.

• Like 1

must admit I'm stumped you have fuel and a spark - after it cut out whilst driving - only thing I can think of is a split tube somewhere leaking all the good stuff before it gets to the chambers

Well the good news is your not on your own you got us puzzled too. :(

Think best thing would to do what Pete said and get it into one of those place's he has listed :(

Have to let us know what they say if that's ok

im building a rally spec wrx sti, and having just fitted everything, it too wont fire up, it will turn over etc , like yours, after checking we have found the immobiliser is missing from the loom, so the key and the ecu wont talk too each other. the immobiliser it seems controls the injectors, so they shut down.

to cure it its going to Geoff jones motorsport in wales to have a motec ecu fitted with anti lag.

stu

• Like 2

Have you got a spare MAF you could try? They usually give a CEL when they go but it's worth checking. Sounds like you have checked everything else.

GUYS I NEED HELP I WAS DRIVING DOWN THE MOTORWAY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE CAR CUT OUT AND WILL NOT START

IVE CHANGED 

CAM SENSOR

CRANK SENSOR

IGNITOR

TURBO SOLENOID

TPS

IVE CHECKED ALL FUSES

NO EML EVEN IN DIAGNOSTIC MODE

IVE CHECKED TIMING AND RE-TIMED IT

IVE GOT FUEL GOING INTO CYLINDER AND SPARK AND OBVIOUSLY AIR,

I FEEL LIKE CRYING

IVE TRYED EVERYTHING, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS, MY CAR WILL CRANK OVER BUT JUST WILL NOT FIRE

ITS A 1993 IMPREZA WRX IMPORT CLOSED DECK

Hi it seems to me it's your immobilizer this is why your car is not starting

I don't think that would stop the car as you are driving along - maybe to have it run lumpy or not on all cylinders but I believe your problem is common to the whole engine, a sensor defective somewhere that has killed the engine but as you are returning zero EML faults I, as suggested, would rule out the immobiliser first 

Hi there, so you say you don't think it's the immobiliser that's doing it. You're gettng a spark and you're getting fuel so that is eliminated to a certain degree, are you getting a spark at the right time when the valves and piston are coming up to TDC? If you're not that means that something has jumped out of place which is going to be the crank position or cam position pick up points. Also make sure that on the ECU the female block connectors under the floor pan havn't worked their way loose. I would check to make sure it is firing at TDC, if not there's you're problem. I've owned Subaru's for the past fifteen years and own my own garage so i'm pretty certain its something to do with the cam or crank position sensor.

• Like 3