(Almost) Impreza noob

Rod1

Hi, I'm Dan, 26 and live in the Derby area. I'm looking to get myself in my first Impreza in the next couple of months. I thought I'd join so I can educate myself (with your help) to avoid buying a rough one.

I look forward to picking your brains and in future attending any meets you may be holding :)

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

We have another member not long signed up from Darby if you wan't to have a look in the regional section he posted yesterday in there looking for local members :) 

And feel free to ask away mate :) 

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I'm after a 1998 on UK turbo for a couple of reasons, firstly, I like to tinker with my cars.... A lot. Lol. And if I got a higher spec STi/WRX I'd feel bad about ripping the engine out. Secondly my insurance would jump from around 400 to closer to 1000 which is more than I want to pay.

• Like 1

I've got a budget of 2000-2500 would that get me in a wrx wagon? I'd rather get a good UK spec than an OK wrx. I'm quite wary as I know the impreza has a reputation of being thrashed.

if maintained well spirited driving is no issue - look for comprehensive history

in fact your budget would get you this wagon which has some Prodrive options which you dont normally see - well priced at £1500, that would leave you enough to perform some tweaks to personalise

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/6063-scooby-prodrive-wagon-launch-control-no-lift-shift/

Just checked the link out and that's a he'll of a lot of car for 1500!

it is but unfortunately the chap is being forced to break it so if your interested I would contact him asap before bits go individually