Impreza WRX 230 bhp

Grabey76

I'm new to forum and Subaru's. Will shortly be getting my Subaru Impreza WRX hatchback, 230 bhp, 2009. Know it's not STI speed but I was very impressed with drive and the car itself.

I won't be doing any modifications straight away but may do in the future, as have had previous car remapped. Are there many mods that can be done on my car to increase the bhp and torque which aren't too costly?

Wotcha and welcome - as mentioned the performance difference is quite small between WRX and STI - its things like suspension & hub components, brakes and gearbox that are more significant but that is something that can be addressed in the long term should you wish

• Like 1

You should really use 97 or 99 Ron fuel, if you use 95 ron use can cause problem's.

Subaru's are performance car's, you need to treat them right so they can perform their best, if you owned a race horse, would you feed it crap food????

• Like 2

I'd also suggest saving your fuel receipts. Would impress anyone in the know to see high Ron has been used for a few years.

Ps you do get better MPG from higher RON so I wouldn't worry too much about the cost, kinda levels out...kinda

• Like 1

I'm new to forum and Subaru's. Will shortly be getting my Subaru Impreza WRX hatchback, 230 bhp, 2009. Know it's not STI speed but I was very impressed with drive and the car itself.

I won't be doing any modifications straight away but may do in the future, as have had previous car remapped. Are there many mods that can be done on my car to increase the bhp and torque which aren't too costly?

Well...here are a few things you can do that is not to expensive and can achieve good results. I help a friend of mine achieved this over a yr due to his budget.

• Walbro 255lbh pump
  • vf34 / Steamspeed STX-67 / Blouch 18G-XT
  • STI Injectors or Injector Dynamics ID725 or ID850
  • STI TMIC
  • Perrin Equal Length Headers UP-Pipe combo
  • Full Turboback exhaust

You can do a VF34, STI Pump, STI Injectors, STI TMIC and thats that. All you need will be a Tune.

I do hope I been some help to you.

• Like 3

No ones mentioned Mapping yet.

This ca cost from between £300-500 depending on if the car has been mapped previously. If it hasn't been mapped then you will be looking at the £500 as you will need to pay for the ecu licence.

The most you could do without mapping for power mods imho is upgrade to a pannel filter.

Any mods espec induction kits, Fuel pumps, injectors, coil packs or exhaust will require a remap as you will changing the air fuel ratios so will reqiuire a remap.

• Like 1