Big thanks and progress

weeksy

Big thanks for all the help on my previous post after advice.

So Scoobie is rebuilt and ive been driving her around the last two weeks no real dramas slight coolent leak that was it....then started hearing a weird noise on slow down sounds like a slight rubbing brake disc but sure its coming from the turbo?Been told i need a new turbo...whines slightly should i be worried?

Thanks again

• Like 1

Haha It gets addictive look at Savage bulldogs car over 500BHP 

I've read in various places they can handle up to 280bhp?,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Some years of the impreza might be but I've always gone on the 240/250BHP I wouldn't go past that myself 

Sounds like my type of bloke :D and if he does be nice to see his cars in action and vids I like the videos of drifting :)

Yeah top bloke....hes the only obe whos ever going to work on my Scoobie...top bloke.

Does alot!!! of Scoobies.

I find it's the best way I would let Tlag work on mine from on here and Martin from Sheffield Subaru Services and a handful of others. I worry  :unsure: when I have to have new tyres or balancing done just because I don't know them mainly :D 

Haha It gets addictive look at Savage bulldogs car over 500BHP

Some years of the impreza might be but I've always gone on the 240/250BHP I wouldn't go past that myself

Yeah when I bought the scooby I told the wife I'll just fit a cat back and get a remap lol

I wish 500 + gambit :-( engine would cope with it but, with a tdo5 strapped to it I'll be lucky to break the 350 barrier .

My tdo4 made 284 hp @ 1.2 bar and spooled up fast as fook .

I have seen a tdo4 dyno graph for 304 hp on a 2ltr but I'd say 290 is about the average max hp with supporting mods .

• Like 1

Thanks guys been window shopping first needs turbo and silicon hose kit..looked at sti mud flaps then after that arches no rust just flakey paint so going to be..in order.

Front and rear Wiper Blades

turbo silicon hoses

Arches

Full undersealing

Stainless unequal length manifold

Top mount intercooler

Re map.

Then possibley wheel refurb.

Yeah when I bought the scooby I told the wife I'll just fit a cat back and get a remap lol

I wish 500 + gambit :-( engine would cope with it but, with a tdo5 strapped to it I'll be lucky to break the 350 barrier .

My tdo4 made 284 hp @ 1.2 bar and spooled up fast as fook .

I have seen a tdo4 dyno graph for 304 hp on a 2ltr but I'd say 290 is about the average max hp with supporting mods .

Oh I thought it was more than that wasn't far off just a few 100 and who cares about numbers anyway  :huh:  :D

I said something a bit similar. It went along the lines of. " I'm happy with the car as it is it's fast enough standard I tuned my last car I'm not doing it again"  :D 

I know why I thought it was 500+ because of them Videos you posted or pictures of your mates :)

And it does look nice mate hopefully will serve you well now for the distant future, other than upgrades hopefully no more big costly bills.

And it's fine I did have to look twice at the sig. And I don't mind mate :)

Ians scoob had a 2.1 jun/ cosworth engine out of a race car built by lateral took him 2yrs to build and he broke it about 6 months after he got it on the road :(

to break 400 barrier I need at least another grand for a turbo and headers :( 

hope fully getting a remap Tuesday so next on the " never ending list"  :D

get my rear brake conversion done and a change of pads all round as I wasn't to impressed with the fade with the Kevlar pads during the previous road map tweek :unsure: