wagon turbo2000 1998

Just aquired this car as a run around off a garage where some1 part ex'd it, it was last taxed in 2010 so its sat for a long time but bodywork is mint, had a ceased caliper and a water leak which I have now sorted so mot'd taxed insured and am driving it around, got a printout in paperwork showing 272 bhp but I have a focus st running 280 at the wheels and it would **** all over it so I have come to the conclusion the subaru aint running that anymore for some unknown reason its apparently got a remap by simtek it has a high flow downpipe a sti back box and after looking a standard centre section, serviced it with plugs oil filters and changed diff oil checked all boost pipes checked vaccum pipes checked boost solenoid even changed and tried another 3 port 1 but no difference, Played with actuator as when give it a rev I cannot see much movement what so ever so thought that maybe its shafted but cant get much more boost how ever much I pre load it, Won an sti intercooler off eBay today but with no dump valve fitted can I blank it off altogether and not have 1 in case its that thats nackered or any other ideas very welcome, the be all and end all is she aint boosting at all really she feels like a quick 2 litre I can hear turbo spinning and a nice whistle or is that boost leaking and not holding 1st gear bit of boost 2nd gear bit of boost but not put u in ya seat boost 3rd gear flat 4th gear very flat 5th gear not been on motorway yet

I think an ST with 280 at the wheels would be faster. The Subaru will only have about 225 at the wheels. If it's got a simtec fitted, someone has obviously spent some cash on it.

I think you have had high expectations and it just hasn't lived up to them

I think an ST with 280 at the wheels would be faster. The Subaru will only have about 225 at the wheels. If it's got a simtec fitted, someone has obviously spent some cash on it.

I think you have had high expectations and it just hasn't lived up to them

I dont think it is pushing 225 mate ie think there is a prob surely they quicker than this I reckon a bmw 320d would terrorise it is that right

Sounds like you got a issue , I had a standard v4 uk2000 which was 230ish but kept up with my old 36 m3 but it's the lightness of the scoob that makes it quick

You can blank off the dump valve and I done it but it kills turbos so get a spare or 2, if it's on. Td04 then expect to pay about 25-40 quid for a replacement , they used to be cheaper but the glanza owners like them so pushes the price up

Check the maf as well give it a quick clean first but they are prone to fail quick if your running a cone filter

Checked all boost pipes and e erythjng seems as it should but today im getting a rattle from turbocharger when revs are dropping could that be when a shaft has alot of play in it so could the turbo be shafted and is a upgrade the td05 and will it go straight on.

I don't have much experience with turbo failure but I know a rattle isn't a good sound, rattle when low revs and low spool and then going fast it could still be there but you don't hear it or it could be something loose that gets forced against the side and spins with the turbo. Hopefully someone with some more knowledge will come. And a recording will help I imagine.

Needs a remap

on the printout I have it says ECU TEK Remap and decat engine power 276.4 corrected power 264.3 at the wheels 176.5 that is crap lol but still think she defo not boosting right

Mine was 247 and 188 at the wheels. That's why I said 225 at the wheels for yours.

At 276 it should feel quick, but it won't be as fast as an ST with 280 at the wheels.

The 'needs a remap' was in response to the turbo upgrade

I've got a tdo4 and a sti 97/98 tmic but , im unsure if I've still got the actuator (can have a look tomorrow if you're interested) .

I'm based in south east suffolk let me know if I'm close enough and I'll chuck some pics n prices up ;-)

I've got a tdo4 and a sti 97/98 tmic but , im unsure if I've still got the actuator (can have a look tomorrow if you're interested) .

I'm based in south east suffolk let me know if I'm close enough and I'll chuck some pics n prices up ;-)

give me a price and I will consider

• 2 weeks later...

I've remove the number mate I would send Savage it in a private message, the forums open for everyone to see and could use your number to spam you with !Removed! that nobody want's :D

link here should take you to message him

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=1399