98 turbo ecu options

wrxweston

Thats right mate unfortunately all of them need some sort 2nd board adding to it to be mapped :(

I'm sure some of the classic shape owners would be able to advise better than me on witch is the better ones to use we do have a mapper on the forum who also might be able to give some good info for you too. 

Have a look at the esl website, it's something I'm looking into and is a very good looking bit of kit loads of features, and will be able to incorperate further mods, plus maffless running and anti lag/launch control if you wish, plus it's live mappable so it can be set up fpr your driving style,

I beleive savage has one on his car or had, I just don't have the funds available at the mo to go ahead and upgrade

Sent from my SM-T210

Yeah ive heard they are good.on other sites people are saying the best thing I could do is get an apexi power fc as they have some cool features also like built in boost control etc.. Also like you say i want the option of further mods in the future as i also want to upgrade the turbo in the future to either a td04 hybrid or a td05

My brv runs a apexi system and the hand controller gives loads of info knock , boost , injector indutiy and loads of other peak info great bit of kit for the money.

Main things that made me choose esl for my v3 over the apexi

was the fact that the apexi can't run mafless (ideally needed for 400 + hp builds)

it only measures knock and doesn't advance or !Removed! the timing to stop it like the esl'd oe ecu

There's a few other aftermarket options alcertek , syvecs ect but they'll cost a fair bit more than either of the above .

• Like 1

Yeah to be fair that's a good reason as my maf is nakerd lol got one being delivered tommorow. And i wish i had a 400bhp build lol but a far way off unfortunately :((