My 1st Subaru Classic Wagon

I'll start from the beginning me thinks.

I had a friend who owned this Wagon which I quite liked, I attended a few Subaru meets with him but we both became a bit busy so that stopped, fast forward to a few weeks ago where I realised I needed an estate for work, put something up on Facebook and he messaged me saying that his misses is expecting their 2nd child so wanted a wagon with ISOfix and needed his current one gone. I knew he had looked after it so offered £400 and he said yes which did confuse me some what tbh :lol:

So picked it up on 3rd May and slowly been sorting out various issues, nothing big but they need attention.

Following things below:

I need a new exhaust which is actually proving harder to find than I thought as my current one is rather !Removed!, it's already rotted in various locations which is shocking for less than 3yrs old!

The interior which is actually spotless for such a high mileage car but was shiny shiny on the plastics, so spent a day cleaning the interior and protecting it all, looks much better if I may say so.

The bonnet wouldn't open, finally got it open so replaced the catch with a cheap eBay sourced item. Now works a treat!!

My plans?

I'm going to fit some 16" alloys, I want them gold as well it's what I know! The alloys are I think from the WRX model with 5 spokes, looks nice to me. I'm also going to detail the car, I do detailing as my 2nd job so will machine it, I'm going to de-badge the rear and stick on my PH sticker.

Apart from that I'll leave it how she is.

87f8b2dc607a1308823a42e8f894b2c9_zpsb504

ea48522b0a08ab45f61d5c745f81a4ee_zpse5d0

5f08d8971beedd0c4409afdcae4719fb_zps4726

If anyone has a cat back from a classic Wagon going, let me know as I'll snap it up!

• Like 1

1st major update for this.

Spent most of Sunday under the car, having a look at the exhaust and trying to fix it as it was rattling and blowing more than a hooker in Essex...:lol:, after being under the car I noticed an oil leak and that the manifolds are actually !Removed!.

So I fixed the exhaust where it's blowing but couldn't fix the manifolds as they are well and truly buggered, I now need to find a manifold but I'll put up another thread as I've got a crazy idea. I also fixed the oil leak which was no biggy, the sump plug was touch tight so kinda glad I found that issue now :)

Next job? To sort out a whole new exhaust system :)

• Like 1

nice job with the oil leak I wonder how many people overlook the simple places like that :) 

Cheers fella and totally agree, most people think an oil leak means an expensive fix but if you have a good poke around, could work out dirt cheap or cost nothing at all :)

Collected it this morning, it's in much better condition that I expected it to be in tbh, it's rather dirty but I'm going to polish it up like new soon once I've had lunch.

It's a 3" system so what my plan is, I'll take off the original centre section, butcher that and weld in a 3" section but smooth it off so it's not just a step :)

Nice car fella, where in herts are you i need a detailer to look at mine.

Lee

I'm on the Hertfordshire/Essex boarder but I'm more a mobile detailer so I travel quite far!! I cover any place in Hertfordshire :)

And cheers :)

• Like 1

Well this has come quicker than I thought, she broke down with a loud bang, when I finally got the bonnet open oil was everywhere. So got her recovered back to mine, jacked her up and I've got a hole in the side of the engine. So I guess she's dead as a doodle :(

So I'm now on the lookout for another Wagon, preferably a turbo, WRX or even an STI!

So gutted :(

Problem is rear arches on most. I would personally avoid a modded example

I've had and worked on several of these and always find short cuts and bodge jobs

I would be on the look out for a v5/6 facelift wagon , low mileage , tidy and looked after and you won't go far wrong

Problem is rear arches on most. I would personally avoid a modded example

I've had and worked on several of these and always find short cuts and bodge jobs

I would be on the look out for a v5/6 facelift wagon , low mileage , tidy and looked after and you won't go far wrong

Both arches on mine was rusting so I know that one doh!!

Thanks for the advice and tips, much welcome :)