New car

Th4neuk

Well picked up the outback tonight and am really pleased with it. Drives a treat and has plenty of torque. For a diesel it revs hard from about 1k right to the redline. Is mega comfortable as well!!

Can see why you guys rave about them

• Like 2

Deffo, was thinking of going german becore i saw this and took it for a test drive. Has great extras and looks ace :-) hopefully get chance to give it a good wash and detail tomorrow.

The stripes came off really easy. Peeled them off then quick polish and you'd never know they were there. Got my chemical bros tyre dressing stuff and had a go at all the plastics including the engine cover and they have all come up like new.

Fixed the phone button tonight which had jammed in the on position.

Oh love the xenons on the drive home last night. Had a soda octavian vrs with xenons and loved them, missed them since that went.

Next job is figuring how to hook the iphone to the Stereo. Must be some sort of lead I can get :-) then need a towbar the black out the back windows :-)

Cheers

Alan

Alan

• Like 2

Just seems a bit weird to have put them on to break up the body shape when theres a perfectly good designed shoulder line there. Withbthe stripes on front wing it throws the rest of the car.

Always good when all you need is to unstick a button to get things working again.

Is the Stereo a Bluetooth unit ?

Yep looks like it is standard Subaru fit as well as there is a big Subaru sticker on the sun visor telling you how to use it.

According to my wife it is quite good on sound quality when I've rung her on it

Cheers

Alan

Oh and it has a Kane counter!!!! (think Subaru call it an economy meter). The little needle shows how spirited you are being with the throttle. Awesome fun seeing how quick you can bend the needle when you floor it lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If its your 11st OB you will be pleasantly surprised. I'm on my 5th. All petrol, I did say I would be looking for a diesel this time but a 3 ltr petrol caught my eye and I could not resist her good looking body and flat 6 engine. And she's a right go'er.post-2579-0-93563000-1403107941_thumb.jp

Yep loving it.

Getting a towbar fitted then having the windows tinted. Next job will be the grille if I can find one then going graphite on the alloys :-)

According to the trip meter thingy I'm averaging 47mpg over about 1800 miles already!

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1