S.O.C Event Flag

Gambit

Nice one me too. Well obviously :)

Will get a design sorted and find the exact price out when I can just know it's less than £165  :lol: but least it's a real flag and stand not something we need to bodge up to make it stand up.

And if I forget when we go to japfest two my mate whos done the fliers want a picture for a portfolio of some say on cars.

Yeah flag looks good ;) 2 would be better though, one at each end of the stand :D

I'd like to see 4 but maybe a bit optimistic with that  :lol:  but I agree 2 would be nice :)

Haven't read the full thread but to see if iv picked up correctly on the skim thro, is there going to be a paid members fee as well as free? And paid members getting certain benefits of such? I.e discounts and members pack like thing? Just had a quick look before bed lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Yes mate I've spoke with the Admin/owner and told him what I would like to see with regards to the non paying members. basically I've said anyone who can't pay or chooses not too I don't want them to feel any less important on the forum or at event's or feel they need to pay to keep up with the paying members that seems to happen on a lot of forums. The payment is more for contribution to help the club grow to help with the flags at events and new banners and the day to day running of the forum with server costs. 

Of course with paid members has to be some benefits a token of appreciation with welcome pack discount section on the forum, a badge that people can see too on the forum. I'm guessing the discounts won't be anything amazing to start with I do know we have 15% off at Halfords and a few others I don't have the full details yet. And I'm not sure what the welcome pack will have in them either the normal thing I've seen was stickers key rings, that sort of thing. I'm also not sure what the cost is I would guess anywhere between £10 to £15 seems to be the normal cost. :) the sales section not sure if that will get locked down for sellers to stop people just signing up to post or not. I know this has been asked before. 

Hopefully that will help with anyones answers. When I get to know more I will make a separate post up explaining in more details :)

Right I have a price for the flag and stand plus postage £156.18 thats with discount :) 

So we now have a target to aim for, just sorting out designs and a way of paying. But listen to this I just got from Steve 

"  Halfords cards are being printed by Halfords for us, we will be the only club in existence to have our own branded Halfords card! 

Of course the contributors will get one of these.

Kind regards
-Steve"

How damn cool will that be ;) 

Not sure if I was meant to share that bit with you lot yet but I'm easily excitable :D  

• Like 1

By own branded I'm assuming that means we will be making Halfords workers jealous by letting them know we own some beast cars whilst getting a discount?:p haha sounds good! Il try donate some money for flag as soon as I have my money sorted out aswell :)

• Like 1

Well you get them for being a subscribed/vip/paid member not just for donation towards the flag like Scooby Pete I will do both as I want to be going to the events too :) 

So makes sense for me to become paid up and donate :) 

• Like 1

Yea il be paying for the forum also not just donation :D I probably won't make a lot of the events but when I do itl be nice to know I helped pay for the flag also :Sd

• Like 1

It's just being sorted now mate well a paypal form or a webpage with a paypal account to be paid into :) once it's sorted I will let everyone know, same as the memberships. :) So you're free to get some beers in for now  :lol:

• Like 1

I'm down with this [emoji3]

3 used to pay 35 quid a year with the mx5 oc, got a bi monthly magazine of loads random stuff, thought the money could have been put to better use

I'd pay jsut to suppport the club

Sent from my SM-T210

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just to keep people in the loop. No donation thing at the minute and as for the Contribution/paid members thing. it's still being worked on to get as many discounts for us Halfords discount cards should have arrived next week. Just waiting on Kwikfit to get back with some other nationwide companies with discounts :)  

• Like 2

No worries mate 

It's all set up on the forum now but it's not ready to go live yet. Kwikfit seem to be slowing it up the most :( board meetings and other !Removed! they do  :rolleyes: