Show us pics of your Subaru Outback

Steve

• 10 months later...

here is my outback - sorry for the brutal photoshop cropping

2005 legacy 3.0rn

i dont have a manual and i don't know what the proper name of the colour should be...Brilliant Silver Metallic/Granite Gray Opal with the totally impractical taupe leather interior perhaps.

possible upgrades might be:

• sequential LPG
  • privacy glassb

but before that happens i have to solve the dreaded steering wheel shake which occurs only at 80-85mph. i am praying that it is not the dreaded shaker syndrome as has happened in america and its a simple wheel balancing / cv joint / wheel bearing /. tracking thing and not something supernatural (eg a fault that cant be replicated when a mechanic is near the car but rears its ugly head as soon as you drive it out of the garage)...i will know by the end of this week. wish me luck.

does anyone know where i can get hold of a UK owners manual for a 2005 outback H6?

post-336-0-73915900-1357512772_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

i solved the steering wheel shake - both front wheels were unbalanced. the naughty private garage that i bought it from should have at least had that checked. during the test drive i didnt have the chance to take it on the motorway - lesson learned. if you cant take a car out onto the motorway and run it at 70mph (or more if possible) then perhaps kick up a fuss. the vibration only occurred at 80+mph and only for a narrow band of speed. (vibration gone at 90mph).

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

here is my outback - sorry for the brutal photoshop cropping 2005 legacy 3.0rni dont have a manual and i don't know what the proper name of the colour should be...Brilliant Silver Metallic/Granite Gray Opal with the totally impractical taupe leather interior perhaps.possible upgrades might be:

• sequential LPG
  • privacy glassb
but before that happens i have to solve the dreaded steering wheel shake which occurs only at 80-85mph. i am praying that it is not the dreaded shaker syndrome as has happened in america and its a simple wheel balancing / cv joint / wheel bearing /. tracking thing and not something supernatural (eg a fault that cant be replicated when a mechanic is near the car but rears its ugly head as soon as you drive it out of the garage)...i will know by the end of this week. wish me luck.does anyone know where i can get hold of a UK owners manual for a 2005 outback H6?

I have one.......it's a bit too thick to fotocopy but if there anything specific you need to know PM me.

Hopefully see it on the 15th July if you turn up :)

May be a tad too early for me as i`m confined to barracks with a prolapsed disk which is compressing a nerve, so i`m dosed up with industrial strength painkillers until they can get me repaired. :wacko:  

But keep reminding me please. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch :( I feel for anyone who suffers with back pains. It was only a week or two ago I had my 1st real taste of how bad it was with a trapped nerve in my neck going down my back nearly a !Removed! week before it was ok again. Started to feel better after two days but I think I over did it and knackered it up again :(  

Just couldn't get comfy at all sitting laid down stood up. Driving was horrible too :( 

Ouch :( I feel for anyone who suffers with back pains. It was only a week or two ago I had my 1st real taste of how bad it was with a trapped nerve in my neck going down my back nearly a !Removed! week before it was ok again. Started to feel better after two days but I think I over did it and knackered it up again :(

Just couldn't get comfy at all sitting laid down stood up. Driving was horrible too :(

Ive been like this for 8 weeks now but funnily enough im comfy driving although my wife being a nurse says I shouldn't drive on these drugs :D