My Outback 3.0r Auto Test Drive

david1972

Your neighbours are going to wonder what the hell is going on

Yeah...was talking to the guy opposite whose back garden is behind the car in the picture yesterday....he's back home on a weeks leave from a diving job, but away for the night tonight with his wife. I sneakily kept quiet, so expect him to come over when they get home tomorrow [emoji6]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Looks the business :-)

So your first mod is.............

3 practicalities are first up:

1. Official dog guard

2. Official rear bumper protector

3. Official mudflaps all round

After that, and funds permitting, I want a Bluetooth/Nav combo unit where I just have a cubby hole at the top of the dash at present. Need to check condition of exhaust and composition too (SS or not).

Just a few things to keep me working hard 9-5! [emoji106]

Yeah, it's got the door sill protectors all round, but not the rear bumper.

Can confirm exhaust is all mild steel, other than SS tips coming from back box....I'm thinking an appt to discuss could be on the cards [emoji6]

Yeah mine came with it and it is great tbh. Was lucky in that the prev owners left the dog guard and roof bars with it too :-)

Quite fancy the mud flaps for mine so let us know if you find some at a reasonable price. Seems to throw up a fair bit of tar thrown up

Am getting my rear windows tinted next week as well which is going to be ace.

• Like 1

Well, SWMBO has kindly washed down the drivers seat and brought a lot of the grime out for me tonight, bless her.

Ran my hand over the paintwork....oh my god, some serious claying required....just my kinda job [emoji6]

I have found the paint to mark easily. Am hoping a few layers of polish will help with that. Don't think it had seen lots through its early life so plenty now lol

Clayed my bonnet the other week and it came up lovely.

Cheers

Alan

I see some mud guards & rear bumper guard on eBay.

Mud guards are a must really as keeps lower cars body condition in far better order so pay for themselves over time.

I like bumper guard too but OEM not cheap, have seen stainless steel ones from Gemany & Poland but even they are around £60+

Links below to what I spotted on eBay, unfortunately not a huge choice on outback items for your model era ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-2009-Subaru-Outback-Wagon-Splash-Guard-Mud-Flap-Black-Plastic-OEM-NEW-/201123564298?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed3e60b0a#vi-ilComp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Subaru-Legacy-Outback-Mk3-Rear-Mud-flap-Splash-Boards-Guard-Mudflaps-/121259639071?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3ba3411f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Bumper-Protector-Cargo-Step-Panel-Legacy-Outback-04-09-/351098596590?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AOutback&hash=item51bf1b6cee

• Like 1

Good link for OEM extra parks that but prices are scary.

Even the older model extras are crazy money.

I got a bumper cargo step guard for my SG form USA in end as new OEM over here are £79 (best deal was £62)

OEM from USA was £48 delivered to my door in under 2 weeks, no duty as all done on eBay shipping scheme with duty pre-calculated or cunningly avoided. Plus UK to US exchange very decent at present :-)

Personally I think the mud guards should be factory standard & MOT requirement to have some form of guards due to amount of loose gravel b-roads that are the uk norm in these days of low-cost highway repair.

Rear Cargo guard on bumpers like the Outback, Forester etc are a must really & surprised subaru didn't have these standard on higher trim versions :-/

And you'll like the automatic binacle illumination....its like which craft [emoji16]

Sent from my Galaxy S 5 using Tapatalk

Is this where the dials flick round to max on start up?.....loving that!! [emoji41]

Haha much as I'd like to, today is my dogs 1st birthday, so it's all about him today. Taking him to Beamish open air museum then some sausages and burgers on the BBQ.

Need a new clay kit too, as used last of old one on the Foz before NBO....now is there a halfrauds I can detour too I wonder......