new pistons

I had new cosworth pistons and rebored crank shaved balanced and acl race bearrings put into my sti sharkeye I have run car in now 1900 miles since install the problem now and again when I go threw the gears upto 5 t 6 thousand revs I get detonation do I need my suburu remapping it's running at 345 bhp or is this just me worrying about nothing lol

Did you followed the running in instructions suggested by the engine builder ?

Unless you're scoob was already a cosworth version I would have assumed that the compression ratio wauld have changed slightly, due to the different bowl on the cossie piston crown .admittedly this should have been calculated by the engineer and head gasket size adjusted accordingly.

I am surprised that you haven't been advised to have a remap by the engineer .

I would at least get it checked out on a rolling road and preferably get a map tweek for piece of mind .

Yep I run at 2000 revs for first 1500 then increased revs upto 1900 also had uprated headgasket and new clutch,I will get it booked in at Scooby clinic thanks for advice

It had remap before the work had been done when I bought her, any good cheap remapping out there that have been tryed and tested always apprehensive when it comes to messing with the brain of my Scooby

Not familer with anyone to the north to be honest. I'm sure someone will suggest someone soon though.

What ecu do you have? If it's ecutec for example, you could just google ecutec mappers.

You must get the remap done once its bed it as the compressions will have changed, i would suggest you do that ASAP or risk kissing thos pistons goodbye.

Ive got to run it in for 1k miles and then immediately take it for a remap as it will be running lean once the actuator is reconnected.

Cheers guys booking it in at scoobyclinic for power run and hopefully tweek remap it's already had ecutek before the mods so am hopeing it don't need full remap

• 2 months later...